• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I know, I know (video)

.45ACPaddy

LOL @ the last part that says "You don't need a gun to protect your kids"

They left off the part that says "...until a rapist/kidnapper/child molester gets to them"

Jack House

What was the point of that video? Are they seriously suggesting that Amber Alert be the first line of defense to protect your kid for kidnappers? :question:

sudden valley gunner

Their figures are way way off, 220,000 thousand kidnapped kids a year? Most these are custody dispute and divorce fights between parents warranting no alarm.

Love the image of those mothers with guns but how come dads are left out? Subliminal messaging?

SaintJacque

Their figures are way way off, 220,000 thousand kidnapped kids a year? Most these are custody dispute and divorce fights between parents warranting no alarm.

Love the image of those mothers with guns but how come dads are left out? Subliminal messaging?

Because dads are the enemy. I think the ad was a complete backfire, it seems to suggest that anyone who carries any firearm has an "assault weapon", a term that the media love to throw around incorrectly. If my kid's in danger, you're damn right I want a gun. I'll call your hotline if I want to order a pizza.

amzbrady

Ok, I dont really agree that you dont need a gun to protect your kid, but given the benifit of the doubt, you will definitely need one to keep them from leaving with your kid and so that you get your kid back alive.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

Approximately 58,200 children are the victims of non-family abductions per year... meaning that approximately 159 children are abducted by strangers every single day... and if divided per state equally (totally unscientific, I know) this means that 3 children are abducted by strangers in Washington State every single day... I'd say those statistics are quite alarming since statistics show that a great many stranger abductions are committed by pedophiles.

Machoduck

"If my kid's in danger, you're damn right I want a gun. I'll call your hotline if I want to order a pizza."

LOL! St. Jacques, that was great. Reminds me of Bruce Willis' line in Die Hard, "What the fark, lady? Do I sound like I'm orderin' a pizza? Come the fark down and arrest me."

MD