• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Review - Open carrying on 4th of July to celebrate freedom in Ohio

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.reviewonline.com/page/content.detail/id/528269.html?nav=5007

SNIP

CHESTER - Independence Day to Ian Masters of Chester is a celebration of the freedoms afforded Americans by the U.S. Constitution, and in particular, the Bill of Rights.

Masters, 24, is a 2004 graduate of Oak Glen High, and a third-year law student at the West Virginia University College of Law. He plans to exercise one of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights during Chester's Fourth of July community celebrations on July 3: his right to carry a gun.

. . .

"I have been openly carrying my pistol on my hip since I got back to town," he said. "I planned to attend the Fourth of July celebration like a lot of other people. I thought about it for awhile, and considered leaving the gun at home. But it's my right, to go about my daily business wearing my pistol.

"The Fourth of July is about our nation's independence - a celebration of our freedom. What better day to exercise my rights?"

Masters said his philosophy in informing citizens about gun laws and their rights - and their open-carry rights in particular - is best summed up by the OpenCarry.org motto: A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost."