• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where have all the Libertarians Gone?

J.Gleason

Banned
We always hear the news medias spreading all of this BS and giving out bad information and statistics in support of the anti gunners.

Very seldom do we see the members of the media who stand up and tell it like it is. "The Libertarians."

Most of the media think it is too dangerous to let them speak up to the public. Hopefully times are changing with such anchors as John Stossel.

He has always been fair in his reporting and I am glad to see the videos he has out on the peoples right to carry.

Where have all the libertarians gone?
Long time passing.
Where have all the Libertarians gone?
Long time gone.
Where have all the Libertarians gone?
Gone to hiding, every one.
When will they soon return?
When will they soon return?

Soon, I hope.

John Stossel - More guns less crime?

Part 1 of 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UySthtM9y1Y
Part 2 of 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx-qhSABdSE
Part 3 of 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o4W7v1viNs
Part 4 of 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgppjkg8jOg
Part 5 of 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1V_dMaZgEM
Part 6 of 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bgZawVWiEs
Part 7 of 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTNuqR5HZTg

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
But I am not a libertarian. I am a conservative, or, if it is preferred, a paleo-conservative.

I used to consider my self a conservative, I am leaning more toward Libertarian-Constitutionalist every day. I don't think the conservative party is what they used to be anymore.

To many under handed back room deals going on these days.

Mlutz

Thank you J. Going to post the links on fb later. For the people who still, "dont get it."

johnny amish

Calling yourself a concervitive today does not have the same meaning as it did years ago. Todays conservitives claim they want limited government, but only their version of limited government. They still stand for building the military empire,surpressing a womens right to abortion, gay rights etc... Today the libertarians seem to understand best what freedom is meant to be, freedom for all even if you don't like it. There is way to much emotion in todays politics. We need more politicians like Ron and Rand Paul, they are not perfect but they are closer to what our founders intended than most politicians.

J.Gleason

Banned
Calling yourself a concervitive today does not have the same meaning as it did years ago. Todays conservitives claim they want limited government, but only their version of limited government. They still stand for building the military empire,surpressing a womens right to abortion, gay rights etc... Today the libertarians seem to understand best what freedom is meant to be, freedom for all even if you don't like it. There is way to much emotion in todays politics. We need more politicians like Ron and Rand Paul, they are not perfect but they are closer to what our founders intended than most politicians.

+100

J.Gleason

Banned

I agree and I think I am going all Libertarian and will write in every Libertarian name on the ballots. I will only select a Conservative if there is no Libertarian to write in. It is time to send them a message.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
I will only select a Conservative if there is no Libertarian to write in. It is time to send them a message.
I don't believe that there is a "Conservative Party" to vote for registered in Wisconsin.

I was thinking about this thread earlier today, while being miserable with otitis externa. I used to say that I could vote LP when I could spurn a druggie in the gutter and not feel guilty. And that would never happen because we have painted ourselves into a healthcare corner, the only way out of which is to leave bloody footprints in the paint. Guess what? Things ain't gotten any better with the election of the left to the White House. ---damn the Obamanation and its thug union thugs (Iggy_K'niggit).

J.Gleason

Banned
I don't believe that there is a "Conservative Party" to vote for registered in Wisconsin.

I was thinking about this thread earlier today, while being miserable with otitis externa. I used to say that I could vote LP when I could spurn a druggie in the gutter and not feel guilty. And that would never happen because we have painted ourselves into a healthcare corner, the only way out of which is to leave bloody footprints in the paint. Guess what? Things ain't gotten any better with the election of the left to the White House. ---damn the Obamanation and its thug union thugs (Iggy_K'niggit).

You got that right. I heard Obama wants the 1st Amendment amended to stop Political speech. This guy could single handedly start the next revolution.

Yooper

I agree and I think I am going all Libertarian and will write in every Libertarian name on the ballots. I will only select a Conservative if there is no Libertarian to write in. It is time to send them a message.

Do you mean Libertarian view points, or Libertarian party? A candidate of any party can have Libertarian view points, much like Ron and Rand Paul. However, just because someone is in the Libertarian party, doesn't mean they have those view points, much like Olympia Snowe, even though she's part of the traditional "conservative" party, doesn't mean she's any where near a conservative.

Vote on the person, not the party

johnny amish

For years I have been voting libertarian, the political world doesn't seem to have a home for me anymore. I have found the libertarins to be a direction far too unexplored, most people don't know that we have more than the two poisonous options. For years the republicrats have left me feeling hollow and dissapointed, if they aren't trying to stomp on our freedoms and liberties the are busy trying to build an empire to rule the world. Both parties need to learn how to MYOB......

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Firstly,
But I am not a libertarian. I am a conservative, or, if it is preferred, a paleo-conservative.
Thanks for that Doug! Just having that word and you in my mind at the same time made my day.

And J,
Oh wow, a pro-union Libertarian? Looks like you have yourself a conundrum! :p

J.Gleason

Banned
Firstly,

Thanks for that Doug! Just having that word and you in my mind at the same time made my day.

And J,

Oh wow, a pro-union Libertarian? Looks like you have yourself a conundrum! :p

I may be a union member, but I don't run whinning to the union for every petty issue either. There are too many who abuse the unions. I am not one. There are good points about unions as well when it comes to labor standards and so on. Could you imagine what labor standards would be like if there never were any unions?

The state employee's Union supports Barrett, that doesn't mean he gets my vote.

I guess I am just sick of the Republicrats and Obamicans as well. Until the Conservatives can prove where they stand, call me a Libertarian or better yet a Constitutionalist.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I may be a union member, but I don't run whinning to the union for every petty issue either. There are too many who abuse the unions. I am not one. There are good points about unions as well when it comes to labor standards and so on. Could you imagine what labor standards would be like if there never were any unions?

The state employee's Union supports Barrett, that doesn't mean he gets my vote.

I guess I am just sick of the Republicrats and Obamicans as well. Until the Conservatives can prove where they stand, call me a Libertarian or better yet a Constitutionalist.
IMHO, there was a time when unions were needed but those days have passed. I believe that one of the few jobs that goverment actually should do is make sure we don't get screwed, and they've done that in regards to working conditions for some time now. After working in one and being subject to another I'd never work in a union again.

Crud OT allert.... uhm.... How about that Supreme court decision! :)

J.Gleason

Banned
I must admit I do agree with you on the labor standards.The true meaning of labor unions was lost long ago. They will never again have the same meaning and purpose as they did for the miners, textile workers and steel workers. Now it's all about politics.

"Crud OT allert.... uhm.... How about that Supreme court decision! :)[/QUOTE]

Finally a win they can't take away from us!

Last edited:

johnny amish

I have worked in a union shop for the past 18 yrs. What can be said, well, unions suck!!!! Today unions want to protect the lazy and undeserving. There is no denying that unions of the past have benifited all of us, 40 hr. work week, over time pay, safe work enviroment,etc... Unions of today protect the lowest common denominator, they do not reward excellence. They support national health care, welfair reform and other entitlement programs, nothing to do with labor. They would rather live equally in slavery than unequally in freedom. Am I better off because I am part of a union, probably, but they seem to be loosing their direction and focus. They spend large sums of money each year on canidates who don't know the first thing about freedom, canidates who don't believe in personal responsibility, canidates who openly support shipping our jobs to China and Mexico.