Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone know what was the so called assault rifle that shot at the cops

anyone know what was the so called assault rifle that shot at the cops

Im just wondering because the jounal dont say and big mouth flynn is calling it the same thing.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/97223234.html

Martin F. Bryant, 24, opened fire with an AK-47

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    The thing I found interesting is that the AK was called an assault weapon but when they showed MPD's AR-15's they were just called 'semi-automatic rifles'. This, of course was Flyn talking.

Milwaukee Officer Injured During Shootout

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    The thing I found interesting is that the AK was called an assault weapon but when they showed MPD's AR-15's they were just called 'semi-automatic rifles'.
    What would you have the AR-15 called but a semi? And the AK-47 is a select fire automat rifle an assault weapon. Will we damn the lamestream media for truthin' as well as lyin"?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    What would you have the AR-15 called but a semi? And the AK-47 is a select fire automat rifle an assault weapon. Will we damn the lamestream media for truthin' as well as lyin"?
    I guess we should call them both assault weapons or both a semi-automatic rifles.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    The weapon used was not an actual select fire AK47 assault rifle. It was a semiautomatic AK clone. There are only a couple manufacturers of "AK" clone platform rifles which use the AK47 designation. The media should stick to the semiauto descriptor for both the LEO rifles and the thugs' rifles.

I guess we should call them both assault weapons or both a semi-automatic rifles.
    We should call neither assault weapons as they are not. They are both simply semiautomatic rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    We should call neither assault weapons as they are not. They are both simply semiautomatic rifles.
    I agree but that's far to complicated for the Lib Media. by saying AK-47 / Assault Rifle it frightens people more, a sensational word far too over used by the media.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I agree but that's far to complicated for the Lib Media. by saying AK-47 / Assault Rifle it frightens people more, a sensational word far too over used by the media.
    I guess that was my point.

The veil of equal time is a joke...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    The veil of equal time is a joke...
    He shoots.....He misses.....

Banned

Self-discipline!

Quote Originally Posted by CarryOK View Post
    I so want to open up I_K's blocked rants to see what's going on, but that just makes the Iggy Switch worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by CarryOK View Post

I so want to open up I_K's blocked rants to see what's going on, but that just makes the Iggy Switch worthless.
    Your charade is ineffective...

Thanks guys I seen the story was updated now. Yesterday they did not say it was an Ak.

The weapon used was not an actual select fire AK47 assault rifle. It was a semiautomatic AK clone. There are only a couple manufacturers of "AK" clone platform rifles which use the AK47 designation. The media should stick to the semiauto descriptor for both the LEO rifles and the thugs' rifles.
    I thought Bushy Sr.'s import ban (executive order) banned the import of AK-47's by name, and that was why most manufacturers went with names like "MAK-90", "SAR", and "AKM". Which were essentially the same rifle, just with a different name on it. Of course, that wouldn't apply to any domestically made firearms. Besides "AK" stands for "Автомат Калашникова 47" or in English "Automatic Kalishnikov 47".

Banned
    He is pleading "special knowledge" without any evidence cited. The newspaper article said "AK". Sure, its probably wrong, but there is no evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    I thought Bushy Sr.'s import ban (executive order) banned the import of AK-47's by name, ......
    No such executive order is in effect. The root issue is the 1968 Gun Control Act which bans the import of any firearms that do not have a "sporting purpose". This was given more teeth in 1989 when the BATF redefined its interpretation of that law. This is when you saw the advent of the MAK 90s, etc with bald barrels, etc..
    On March 14, 1989, BATF suspended imports of "AKS type weapons, UZI carbines, FN/FAL-type weapons, FN/FNC-type weapons and Steyr Aug semi-automatic weapons." The "temporary" ban was extended to virtually all other imported military look-alike semi-autos on April 5, 1989.
    Bush Sr's biggest sin was to not oppose the ATF and just roll over. While the NRA played a significant part in his election, their lack of support in reaction to this inaction played a significant part in the failure of him being elected for a second term.

Bush Sr's biggest sin was to not oppose the ATF and just roll over. While the NRA played a significant part in his election, their lack of support in reaction to this inaction played a significant part in the failure of him being elected for a second term.
    So.... Al Gore would of been better?

So.... Al Gore would of been better?
    Rhetorical question is rhetorical......

The NRA merely did not spend the money and resources to back Bush. I do not recall who their candidate of choice was. We both know it was neither Clinton nor AlGore.

Rhetorical question is rhetorical......

The NRA merely did not spend the money and resources to back Bush. I do not recall who their candidate of choice was. We both know it was neither Clinton nor AlGore.
    The NRA didn't endorse a Presidential candidate in 1992

Semi or fully automatic, how can a firearms be described with a tactic or action, which is what 'assault' is?

Banned
    'Assault rifle' is a noun phrase, with 'assault' the attributive adjective and 'rifle' the simple noun. 'Assault' has many definitions, both verb and nouns.

Doug, that sounds correct. English class was not my strength. My point is the adding of the word 'assault' denotes a purpose for the rifle, when it is only a mere tool. When the general public reads these articles and sees another 'assault weapon' robbery, they come to realize it as evil, because that's what is sounds like to them. Like the weapon has no other purpose at all than 'assault', however you define it.

Maybe we can start confusing everyone and call them "a salt rifles".......
    It's early, and it seemed funny at the moment...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
    Maybe we can start confusing everyone and call them "a salt rifles".......
    It's early, and it seemed funny at the moment...
    I'm about ready for my first nap, but I've another field to mow - a little one. Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast