• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo Wild Wings Is Anti Gun

Will you still be giving BWW your business?

• Total voters

InspctrClouseau

Not too long ago I went into Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner at the Superstition Springs location, and was met with the official "No Firearms Allowed" sign posted at their from entrance. I had been there many times before and there was never such a sign, so I decided to contact their corporate office about it...

This is what I wrote:
"Recently I visited your establishment at the Superstition Springs location and observed a "No Firearms Allowed" sign posted at the front entrance. I am writing to inform you that due to your decision to deny your customers the right to defend themselves and their families, should the threat of serious bodily injury or death arise, I will be taking my business elsewhere. I will also be informing all of my family, friends, co-workers, and other acquaintances of your inane policy and recommend that they cease from giving you any business as well. Posting such a sign is as thoughtless as it is useless, since it will do absolutely nothing to prevent any criminals or insane individuals from entering your business, should they decide to commit mayhem. In fact, your sign effectively aids them in their evil goals by disarming all of your law-abiding customers from defending themselves and their families. If these individuals already don't care about the repercussions from committing numerous felonies and possibly getting themselves killed in the process of committing their criminal acts, then it is obvious that a sign posted at the front door will mean absolutely nothing to them."

Within an hour, this is the response I got from them:
“Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.”

I strongly encourage anyone who usually frequents BWW and does not know that they recently posted this sign to boycott them. This is not specific to one location, and is now apparently the policy of their entire chain.

GWbiker

Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant

Someone should inform BWW that George Hennard was not aware of that when he entered Ludy's Cafeteria in October 1991 to commit mass murder.

rondummy

Buffalo Wild Wings has nasty food anyway. Ironically I ate there a few weeks ago for the first time and I was OCing. The girl working the front didn't say anything, but she was staring at my gun like it was the end of the world or something. After she seated me and my girlfriend, we ordered and like a minute into eating my meal, some idiot "manager" came up to me and told me that guns arent allowed. I asked him why no one told me before hand, as it is a major inconvenience for me after I started eating friggin wings and now I have sauce all over my hands. I actually didn't see a sign walking in, and there wasn't one posted when I left either. Anyway, he told me that I'm welcome to stay but that I will need to put the gun in my car. I asked if it can wait until I'm done so I can actually finish and enjoy my meal and he had the balls to tell me no. At that point I asked for the bill and a box, boxed up my food, paid, left no tip, and left. The entire time the manager was following me...I felt like a criminal/prisoner. I also complained to BWW and they gave me the same lecture, just about. It pisses me off though because they never once apologized for the inconvenience. I'll stick with Chilis from now on...they are actually cool with OC/CC, at least the one I go to anyway...

impulse

Buffalo Wild Wings has nasty food anyway. Ironically I ate there a few weeks ago for the first time and I was OCing. The girl working the front didn't say anything, but she was staring at my gun like it was the end of the world or something. After she seated me and my girlfriend, we ordered and like a minute into eating my meal, some idiot "manager" came up to me and told me that guns arent allowed. I asked him why no one told me before hand, as it is a major inconvenience for me after I started eating friggin wings and now I have sauce all over my hands. I actually didn't see a sign walking in, and there wasn't one posted when I left either. Anyway, he told me that I'm welcome to stay but that I will need to put the gun in my car. I asked if it can wait until I'm done so I can actually finish and enjoy my meal and he had the balls to tell me no. At that point I asked for the bill and a box, boxed up my food, paid, left no tip, and left. The entire time the manager was following me...I felt like a criminal/prisoner. I also complained to BWW and they gave me the same lecture, just about. It pisses me off though because they never once apologized for the inconvenience. I'll stick with Chilis from now on...they are actually cool with OC/CC, at least the one I go to anyway...

You can't OC into a place that serves alcohol. Learn the laws.

Troll.

Especially with the "sticking to Chili's 'cause they're OK with OC'ing" part. No OC in establishments that serve alcohol. State law, don't you know.

rondummy

Troll? Wow, what a nice bunch of people on these forums. I come here to try and share stories and learn, since I am NEW to AZ, and all I get is people talking trash. Way to ban together as OCers...

jecsd1

I have to agree with the others. Not to be rude but as someone who carries you need to be fluent in the laws of your state. Especially if you are NEW to the state. Read and commit to memory the AZ penal code. From the looks of it, you could've been arrested. This kind of stuff gives OC/CC a bad name!

Last edited:

Thoreau

Troll? Wow, what a nice bunch of people on these forums. I come here to try and share stories and learn, since I am NEW to AZ, and all I get is people talking trash. Way to ban together as OCers...

They're just a quick bunch to bite at times, and probably haven't seen your other thread that relates to this.

In any case, one thing that might be of value to you would be to take a CCW class. Even if you don't get the permit, the information in such a class is utterly PRICELESS. More classes beyond that are always a good idea too, but the CCW class goes over a whole lot of legal information and gives you a great base with which to learn the finer details. Also, I have admittedly NOT purchased or read this one myself, but it gets great recommendations from just about everyone I know who has, and even seems to be a go-to for the AZCDL at times...

http://www.gunlaws.com/agog.htm

AZ law has changed a LOT in the last couple years (it all pretty much started changing immediately after I got my CCW permit, so it's been a rollercoaster ride to say the least.) Just do what you can to keep up with it, and ASK questions! While some folks will bite your head off for it, it's a hell of a lot better to deal with that headache than deal with legal issues because you chose not to ask...

Lastly, if you want to get together with like-minded folks, check out the monthly open carry dinners that are usually held in the greater Phoenix area. Got another one coming up I think on the 24th...

Last edited:

rondummy

They're just a quick bunch to bite at times, and probably haven't seen your other thread that relates to this.

In any case, one thing that might be of value to you would be to take a CCW class. Even if you don't get the permit, the information in such a class is utterly PRICELESS. More classes beyond that are always a good idea too, but the CCW class goes over a whole lot of legal information and gives you a great base with which to learn the finer details. Also, I have admittedly NOT purchased or read this one myself, but it gets great recommendations from just about everyone I know who has, and even seems to be a go-to for the AZCDL at times...

http://www.gunlaws.com/agog.htm

AZ law has changed a LOT in the last couple years (it all pretty much started changing immediately after I got my CCW permit, so it's been a rollercoaster ride to say the least.) Just do what you can to keep up with it, and ASK questions! While some folks will bite your head off for it, it's a hell of a lot better to deal with that headache than deal with legal issues because you chose not to ask...

Lastly, if you want to get together with like-minded folks, check out the monthly open carry dinners that are usually held in the greater Phoenix area. Got another one coming up I think on the 24th...

Thanks for the info. I'm planning on taking the CCW class next month, mostly so I can learn the laws like you said. I'll look into the OC dinner too!

Well, I jumped the gun on this one (didn't read your other post(s) until after reading this one). I therefore apologize for the "troll" comment.

Mea culpa.

rondummy

Well, I jumped the gun on this one (didn't read your other post(s) until after reading this one). I therefore apologize for the "troll" comment.

Mea culpa.

It's all good. I actually feel like an idiot for not researching the laws more before I started OCing out here. In a lot of other states, OC in AZ is so hyped up and full of rumors that they make it sound like you can OC virtually everywhere, when in fact, there are quite a few exceptions. I'm glad I came to this forum though, because I've learned A LOT in a little time.