• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about Concealed Carry?

JOESEEB

I got my concealed carry license about 8 months ago and in Washington state is is a peice of paper. my question is am I aloud to laminate it? its getting a little ruffed up in my wallet and I would like to laminate is so that it does not get destroyed. any info would be a great help. thank you in advance.

ElevenBravo

Get it done with HEAVY plastic laminate, call around and see who does it professionally. If you already have a laminator, you can get the thicker pockets... there more expensive but when done, you can pop beer cans with it and slice your own wrist if all else fails. It will be VERY durable!

GL,
Andrew

SaintJacque

Get it done with HEAVY plastic laminate, call around and see who does it professionally. If you already have a laminator, you can get the thicker pockets... there more expensive but when done, you can pop beer cans with it and slice your own wrist if all else fails. It will be VERY durable!

GL,
Andrew

Wow, man! You like to be prepared, huh?

Jack House

0409.png

JOESEEB

GL,
Andrew

so I can use it as a servival knife?

Thanks for the help all.

daddy4count

So the new ones no longer say "Do not laminate" on them?

I didn't bother to look when I got my last renewal... two or three years ago.

Prior to that I was always told not to laminate them, and I seem to recall that the "card" you punch the CPL out of was pretty explicit.

But maybe I'm just behind the times again..?

Good news, I say... mine is in terrible shape. Next renewal will be laminating time!

Jack House

So the new ones no longer say "Do not laminate" on them?

I didn't bother to look when I got my last renewal... two or three years ago.

Prior to that I was always told not to laminate them, and I seem to recall that the "card" you punch the CPL out of was pretty explicit.

But maybe I'm just behind the times again..?

Good news, I say... mine is in terrible shape. Next renewal will be laminating time!
I don't understand the whole "do not laminate" thing, why is that?

younggun20

I got my concealed carry license about 8 months ago and in Washington state is is a peice of paper. my question is am I aloud to laminate it? its getting a little ruffed up in my wallet and I would like to laminate is so that it does not get destroyed. any info would be a great help. thank you in advance.

I laminated Mine. Folded it in half and laminated it.

Jack House

" I don't understand the whole "do not laminate" thing, why is that? "

I was told it was protection against counterfitting the CPL... but seemed silly to me too
Same here, especially when they laminate IDs. Why can't the state just make the CHLs like they make the IDs and driver's license? In most places you are going to be paying way more for a CHL than you ever would a driver's license or ID, surely they could afford to do a proper job on the CHL.

daddy4count

Or why not an endorsement tag on your license? Like they do for MC endorsements and WILD ID numbers, etc. It would make it easier than having two pieces. Just show your ID when necessary.

BTW - how do you do the quote thing like that above? I don't know the HTML shorthand for this board and can't find any buttons...