• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9mm vs .40 vs .45 ...From the mouth of a Navy SEAL (funny)

SaintJacque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTVBYlHsIRY

thought this was pretty funny @ 1:28

"Being a 9mm some people might say, "well, its only a 9mm, it won't do anything" ...but, when I put two rounds through your heart and one through your head, you won't know the difference."

That's an awesome quote. I still like my .40, but I'll give credit where it's due for that one.

eye95

..."Being a 9mm some people might say, "well, its only a 9mm, it won't do anything" ...but, when I put two rounds through your heart and one through your head, you won't know the difference."

Wow. It takes three 9mm rounds in vital organs to kill you??? It's worse than I thought! :lol:

elixin77

Wow. It takes three 9mm rounds in vital organs to kill you??? It's worse than I thought! :lol:

hahahaha!

Caliber, to me, is more a personal choice. I like my 45, but thats just me. I know a few people actually that don't like to shoot my pistol because it has more recoil then their 9mm.

eye95

hahahaha!

Caliber, to me, is more a personal choice. I like my 45, but thats just me. I know a few people actually that don't like to shoot my pistol because it has more recoil then their 9mm.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I am just constitutionally incapable of passing up a chance to make a smart-*** remark.

I lug a .45 around too. That has a downside v. a 9mm. I have a decided list to my right.

elixin77

ehhh, I got 17, 115 grain high velocity rounds - against your 8 sub sonic 230 grain slow boys.

Get_20to_20the_20Choppa.JPG

45acpForMe

ehhh, I got 17, 115 grain high velocity rounds - against your 8 sub sonic 230 grain slow boys.

With my FNH FNP-45 or my Para Big Hawg, both at 15+1,hol-hawg1.jpg I'll spot you your whole extra 1 115 grain bullet. BTW you won't hear my sub sonic 230 grain JHP bullets coming at you when they fly through my suppressor. http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=647

It isn't optimal but I can fire my KRISS using one hand and it uses 30 round glock21 mags. :) But for everyday carry I will stick with my Para Big Hawg, FNH FNP-45 or USP at a measily 12+1. :banana:KRISS-mine.jpg

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
hahahaha!

From 1991 to 1994, the only firearm I had was a Ruger Redhawk (.44 magnum), and I trained the same way as I do now: two to the heart (double-tapped), one to the head.

By comparison, firing a .45 (or 9 mm, or .380 ACP) is a joke. Way too easy.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Pop pop is fine with me. it's the sound of 2 closely spaced 115 grain +p federal Hyrdashok rounds on the way to their target. 115 grain, 147 Sub Sonics or 230 grain 45 ACP rounds....the guy is just as dead.

Nice toy that Kriss is.... My SR-556 will drop that Kriss long before it's ever in range.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
From 1991 to 1994, the only firearm I had was a Ruger Redhawk (.44 magnum), and I trained the same way as I do now: two to the heart (double-tapped), one to the head.

By comparison, firing a .45 (or 9 mm, or .380 ACP) is a joke. Way too easy.

Hey, Dirty Harry. ummm. the 44 super redhawk, Big, heavy & Slow on the draw, massive recoil prevents quick follow up shots & your limited to 6 shots.... it's a hand cannon, not made for gun fighting, made for Hunting big game.. 44 Mag great against Bears ......but, please...your double taps with that 44 mag....SLOW double taps at best.

I sold the things, when I worked at the gun store...I know what they are & what they are good for.

45acpForMe

Pop pop is fine with me. it's the sound of 2 closely spaced 115 grain +p federal Hyrdashok rounds on the way to their target. 115 grain, 147 Sub Sonics or 230 grain 45 ACP rounds....the guy is just as dead.

Nice toy that Kriss is.... My SR-556 will drop that Kriss long before it's ever in range.

The KRISS is more for within 100 yards, CQC and defensive home defense. For self defense purposes around the house I wanted a round that wouldn't penetrate 4 houses before it stopped so the 45acp round is good. I have a light & laser on it for 25 yards and less and the scope for longer ranges out to 150 yards. If I am going on the offensive my DPMS 308 will outshoot your SR-556 by a couple hundred yards. :)

Ruger .454

The KRISS is more for within 100 yards, CQC and defensive home defense. For self defense purposes around the house I wanted a round that wouldn't penetrate 4 houses before it stopped so the 45acp round is good. I have a light & laser on it for 25 yards and less and the scope for longer ranges out to 150 yards. If I am going on the offensive my DPMS 308 will outshoot your SR-556 by a couple hundred yards. :)

45acpForMe - I've been interested in the KRISS for some time. Would you be kind enough to write a brief review from an owner/shooter perspective?

me812

Hey, Dirty Harry. ummm. the 44 super redhawk, Big, heavy & Slow on the draw, massive recoil prevents quick follow up shots & your limited to 6 shots.... it's a hand cannon, not made for gun fighting, made for Hunting big game.. 44 Mag great against Bears ......but, please...your double taps with that 44 mag....SLOW double taps at best.

I sold the things, when I worked at the gun store...I know what they are & what they are good for.

Don't forget that a .44 Magnum can be loaded with .44 Special, which is much better suited for personal defense.

If concealment is not an issue, a then DA .44 magnum might just be the ideal all-around handgun. You can load it with snakeshot for snake country, magnum loads for bear country and .44 specials for goblin country. There's really not much more you can ask for.

Last edited:

balackolama

Don't forget that a .44 Magnum can be loaded with .44 Special, which is much more better suited for personal defense.

If concealment is not an issue, a then DA .44 magnum might just be the ultimate all-around handgun. You can load it with snakeshot for snake country, magnum loads for bear country and .44 specials for goblin country. There's really not much more you can ask for.

you shouldnt need a follow up shot 44 mag to the chest should stop anyone

you want low recoil get a 22

Last edited: