• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any truth to this News of the Weird? Good reason to get a CWP.

PT111

Several other interesting gun related stories in this weeks news but this one of special inerest.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20469972/ns/entertainment-comics_games_news_of_the_weird/

To ease the crowds entering the Texas Capitol building in Austin, officials recently opened an "express" line, bypassing most security precautions, for selected visitors and personnel. Obviously, members of the legislature use the express line, along with Capitol employees presenting ID. A third category of favored visitors: anyone with a Texas concealed-weapons carry permit. The Houston Chronicle reported in June that the lobbyists frustrated with the long security lines have been applying for concealed-weapons permits even if they expect never to touch a firearm. [Houston Chronicle, 6-2-10]

rodbender

Heard this before, don't know if there is any truth in it.

I'll call the capitol to see if this is true. I'll check back as soon as I get an answer.

There is an express lane for employees of the capitol. However, CHL holders have their own line. How's about dat?

Last edited: