• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

Monkeytown

I agree with you, MT, but up to a point. As we all know, the gun issue should be a foregone conclusion just reading the US and Alabama constitutions. But, that isn't the case. If the was no pro-gun stance in either of these documents, firearms ownership would have been outlawed by the anti-gunners decades ago. Some of the founders saw no need to put in a Bill of Rights since the Constitution didn't explicitly give the government powers against the freedoms mentioned in the BOR. We now know that government will grow well beyond its constitutional limits and therefore it will restrict limits on personal and group freedoms with or without a Bill of Rights.

We see through the hindsight of history that Jefferson(?) was right and the "price of liberty is eternal vigilance". The court decision may have helped defeat an increase in gun laws, but it is short-lived if we don't do our job. If we would have maintained our vigilance instead of getting complacent, the SC would have never had to get involved in the first place. To keep government out of our lives, we need to keep them at bay by being dedicated to fight for our rights and never stop. We need not only to fight for gun rights, but we also need to shrink the size and growth of federal and state government so they can't even go after our rights anymore.

www.alabamaopencarry.com

I'll buy that my friend!!

MT