• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Report - Snohomish Home Depot confrontation

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
As I walked into the store yesterday morning to pick up some lumber for target stands for the North Fork shoot, I was confronted by an employee and had the following discussion:

Her: Good morning!
Me: Good morning
Her: COOL! What kind of gun is that?
Me: Glock 21
Her: Nice, I have a .38. it's a Ruger my Dad bought me.
Me: Ruger makes good guns, I have one of their revolvers.

While I have yet to have a negative reaction to OC, this was by far the most POSITIVE one I have had. Most folks don't even seem to notice.

Young girl that I wouldn't even have guessed to be 21, looks like her Dad raised her right.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Yeah, but...

How many kids were shot?

Did you shoot your testicles? (common practice at Home Depot)

Your thinking of Lowes, if I remember correctly. So, were you carrying your sidearm poncho style?

A gentlemen walked up to me yesterday at Starbucks while I was ordering coffee, I thought, great, here we go, but he asked me about my tattoo's. Kinda caught me off guard.

amzbrady

Stopped at MckeeDees yesterday, got my wife a frappe and my kid a McFlurry, stop at the trash can to throw some stuff away and the manager was outside breaking down boxes and saw my nine and asked if it was a 40? Told him no it is a 9mm. He said he carries a 40.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
Ahh, so ball shooting is geographically/business specific LOL

Not necessarily geographically or business specific, but I would suggest that, as in many things, it is statistically more likely to occur based on certain factors.

Example -You are likely to see more Mexican's in Mexico than in Arizona...er wait, bad example.

OK, how about this - You are likely to see more men in the men's room than in the ladies room. Better? ;)