• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A List of Open Carry friendly Gun Stores

kootsoup

Hello, I've only been in Henderson, Nevada for a few months and I was wondering if we could start a list of OC friendly gun stores in the Henderson/Las Vegas aera.. the few that I've been to have "no loaded firearm" signs; which I think is silly..

Thanks!

LV XD9

Spurlock's is a great place and very OC friendly.

Hello, I've only been in Henderson, Nevada for a few months and I was wondering if we could start a list of OC friendly gun stores in the Henderson/Las Vegas aera.. the few that I've been to have "no loaded firearm" signs; which I think is silly..

Thanks!

Sabotage70

I thought they had a sign that said you needed a CCW to carry there?

They do have a sign but as long as you don't pull out your loaded firearm they're cool. I've been in there a couple of times oc'ing and nothing was said. The only problem I have with them is that they're not closer to my house. ;)

The closest shop is those a$$holes on blue diamond. Or BPS, they're good as long as I'm not trying to buy one of there overpriced firearms there.

At Spurlocks I bought my XDm40 + an extra mag OTD for the list price at BPS.

28kfps

Discount firearms has no problem with open carry. If you are going to use the range, they just want to see the ammo. Just keep it holstered until you get up to the shooting line in the range, re-holstering before leaving the shooting line.

Nevada carrier

American Shooters has a sign stating that "For insurance reasons, all firearms must be cased or holstered AND unloaded." Even with this sign, and many of their sales staff are either unarmed or carrying concealed they have never given me any hassles for carrying loaded in their store. Of course I have spent quite a bit of coin in their range and have purchased firearms there. a few of the sales reps know me on a first name basis. Some may say that their prices are often a bit high, but they run some good sales and their staff is top notch. They don't offer their opinions unless you ask for it. Although some green horn working in the range tried to claim that you could be cited for disturbing the peace if someone calls the police because your open carrying. about 8 customers told him to STFU unless he knows what he's talking about.

kootsoup

"Although some green horn working in the range tried to claim that you could be cited for disturbing the peace if someone calls the police because your open carrying. about 8 customers told him to STFU unless he knows what he's talking about. "

LoL! That's awesome!

So far we have: Spurlocks, Discount Firearms, and American Shooters.

I'm going to be purchasing a new .45 soon (Xd45, M&P 45, or P250) so I'll be testing the waters :)

If there are any more stores, let me know!!

Nevada carrier

Also, All Weapons A.K.A. Native Nevadan, Decatur and Lake Meade is OC friendly and has a great staff, damn good gun smith and has regulars who hang out frequently and are pretty fun to be around.

National Survival on Spring Mountain is OC friendly, I got my Blackhawk double-stack mag pouches there. The place may seem a bit like a bunker, but if there is something you need that other stores don't have, it's a safe bet that he has it, and it will probably be hanging from the ceiling.

Sabotage70

Also, All Weapons A.K.A. Native Nevadan, Decatur and Lake Meade is OC friendly and has a great staff, damn good gun smith and has regulars who hang out frequently and are pretty fun to be around.

National Survival on Spring Mountain is OC friendly, I got my Blackhawk double-stack mag pouches there. The place may seem a bit like a bunker, but if there is something you need that other stores don't have, it's a safe bet that he has it, and it will probably be hanging from the ceiling.

Oh yeah, I forgot about them. That's where I bought my RCBS reloading dies for .40/10mm. OC'ed no problem.

I can't believe New Frontier hasn't been brought up. They are very pro OC. They even have a sign on the door saying so.
IMG_0343.JPG
[/QUOTE]

DavidS

Don't for get BassPro, unless your going to use the range. Then you have to unload and they put a trigger lock on. I believe. All Weapons, Lake Mead & Decatur, last time I was there it wasn't a problem. And I even think CCS Gun Smith on Rainbow & Sahara is cool.

Sabotage70

After going back and reading th OP. He was asking about Henderson shops. There is another shop down there that might be OC friendly. I've only been in there once but wasn't OC'ing at the time. Henderson Defense is kinda of a small shop. But I think they might be more into the semi auto rifles. With a few select handguns.

kootsoup

The Waters Tested and the Purchase Made

Thanks everyone for you input!

I ventured out with the wife to the stores mentioned in this thread. New Frontier in North Las Vegas was packed (about 15 customers) and they were very friendly.. One customer and myself, as well as all the employees were OC'ing. An employee showed me the XD45, P250 (9mm), and M&P45 and was very helpful. Didn't end up purchasing there, but I will go back..

Then off to All Weapons.. The folks there were very nice, "buzzed me in" quickly with my sidearm in full view. I overheard the female employee educating some customers that asked about Open Carry after they saw me doing so.

Finally stopped at Spurlocks... And... That place gets a lot of good reviews from people and I can say they are ALL TRUE!! What a nice store with great employees and awesome prices! I ended up purchasing a Springfield 1911 GI with the 4" barrel. Even though I was planning on a polymer .45, I couldn't resist the beautiful allure of the Springfield Champion 1911a1 GI model with the 4" barrel. It felt so solid and comfortable, I recommend one!