• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

July 4th Birmingham OC Event

Jonathon Sometimes

Hey all,

I know this is a handgun only site, but I planned an event that would be RIFLE and SWORD OC friendly as well, for July 4th. I'll have my AK on.

OC Event (Rifle/Sword Friendly)
July 4th
7:30PM
Five Points South Starbucks Stage Up

1. ALL RIFLES MUST BE SLUNG.

2. I don't care if they are loaded or not, we're all big boys (and girls). We all know how to handle a firearm.

Going over to The Mill and eat beforehand, then just wandering around watching the fireworks show, "Thunder on the Mountain."

Fireworks at 9:00PM, should be over by 9:30PM or so. The Mill's not really expensive.

Of course, rifles are not mandatory, any and all properly holstered handguns are welcome as always.

Anybody else coming? Let's celebrate our INDEPENDENCE in style!!

PS. You DO have time to make it to Dothan and back for these two OC events on the same day. If you have the money to go to Dothan, I encourage you to help out our brothers down there with the gun show as well!!

Jonathon Sometimes

They're fine with OC, just can't be loaded.

The owner has let me put trifolds in there for months. And there's not a bulletin board, he taped the flyer to the front door!

Can't recommend 'em enough.

jaiotu

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Odin
The Havamal

It's better in the original Icelandic. Lived there for a year and a half.

"Láta a maður aldrei hreyfa á hans vegur stíga án hans vopn af hernaður
ekki viss er the hygginn hvenær þörf munu koma fram a spjót á the vegur án."

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way.

Last edited:

Mas49.56

It's better in the original Icelandic. Lived there for a year and a half.

"Láta a maður aldrei hreyfa á hans vegur stíga án hans vopn af hernaður
ekki viss er the hygginn hvenær þörf munu koma fram a spjót á the vegur án."

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way.

Lol that's my sig line on another forum!:cool: The Havamal is my Bible! Lots of wisdom there.

Monkeytown

Mas, thanks, for I stole it from ya!! The world needs more Odin quotes.

Ready for tonight!

Were you really..."Ready for tonight!" haha. In retrospect, considering the events that transpired, I find that pretty funny.

Keep us posted, we are all foaming at the mouth to let those guys have it!!

Jonathon Sometimes

Yes, actually I was.

I stand prepared to get arrested/go to jail again and again in defense of our inalienable rights.

Not only that, but I am fully prepared to die at any moment in the defense of liberty.

Jonathon Sometimes

Nah.

They said it would take 14-30 days to get them back. And that they will be melted down and destroyed after 30 days.

I'm borrowing my Dad's 9mm for right now, just need a ride to Starbucks on Sunday with someone who has a CPL...anyone?