Thread: KTP offically OC friendly

KTP offically OC friendly

Doesn't look like anyone else has posted this...

As of 22 JUN 2010, the Kittery Trading Post is officially OC friendly. They released a letter stating that their store policy will now reflect state law.

(I tried to post this earlier, but the forum was down)

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by summerof95 View Post
    Doesn't look like anyone else has posted this...

As of 22 JUN 2010, the Kittery Trading Post is officially OC friendly. They released a letter stating that their store policy will now reflect state law.

(I tried to post this earlier, but the forum was down)
    Your welcome:

now that makes me happy!. Now we just have to find a way to get Cabella's to do the same. Their official policy is not to encourage or support OC. But even the guys at the Gun Cabinet do support it, i was asked yesterday by a NRA instructor that works there "if you open carry, where is your gun?" i then had to explain to him that the loss prevention guys kicked me out for OC in Cabella's..............his reaction i will not put on here for there were too many harsh and vulgar words used :-p

but we have one more place that we wont be harassed now and that to me is a good thing :-)

actually cabelas official policy is very oc friendly. they have a corporate printed stanchion sign in the lobby saying oc or cc is fine in their stores.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jay75009 View Post
    now that makes me happy!. Now we just have to find a way to get Cabella's to do the same. Their official policy is not to encourage or support OC. But even the guys at the Gun Cabinet do support it, i was asked yesterday by a NRA instructor that works there "if you open carry, where is your gun?" i then had to explain to him that the loss prevention guys kicked me out for OC in Cabella's..............his reaction i will not put on here for there were too many harsh and vulgar words used :-p

but we have one more place that we wont be harassed now and that to me is a good thing :-)
    If you were asked to leave Cabella's for OCing by loss prevention personnel, you did get their names and reported it, right?

I am confused too - what does being "kicked out" of Cabella's have to do with your not having a gun when you were talking to the instructor?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by jay75009 View Post

I've talked to the manager personally and OC is allowed in the store... this is why you talk to a manager and not just some person that works there. The employees don't always know the stores stance on things.