Thread: I Saw My First OC In Walmart.

Smile I Saw My First OC In Walmart.

Sunday I was at Tomah Walmart picking up some pictures. As I was heading for the exit, I happen to see this guy come in with a holstered gun on his hip and a smile on his face. I was really surprised. As the media would lead me to believe I thought I might get really scared, call the police, freak out and leave the store. But none of that happened at all. I was able to talk to the guy and he was really nice. He didn't act tough or anything. He wasn't some gun nut with a Billy Bad Ass attitude at all. Just some guy who came to town for dog food. Wow, what an experience. I might have to reconsider that everything I see in interviews and on the news might not be 100% as they seem. Nice visiting with you Matt.

I wonder if he's on this forum?

I'm still waiting to run into somebody OCing while I'm shopping at Wal-Mart...

Glad to hear you didn't have to call the police! lol
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Quote Originally Posted by logan View Post
    I wonder if he's on this forum?

I'm still waiting to run into somebody OCing while I'm shopping at Wal-Mart...

Glad to hear you didn't have to call the police! lol
    I think his handle is Mlutz.

Quote Originally Posted by kd6sxa View Post
    I think his handle is Mlutz.
    I think so too. lol. Ok, back to being serious (for a bit.), I was a bit shocked to see another oc'r out and about as well. Good thing you used to have a picture of yourself as an avatar. I would have "thought you were leo" and kept on walking, lol. Oh, and it was nice to talk to you too.

Lastly, Logan, did I meet you at the West salem picnic?

Oh I forgot, and cant believe you didnt mention it, the three employees staring at us. That I just had to smile and wave at, then they went away. lol.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    Oh I forgot, and cant believe you didnt mention it, the three employees staring at us. That I just had to smile and wave at, then they went away. lol.
    I do remember them looking at us. I was listening to what you were saying, but would love to hear what they were saying too. I don't try to look like a LEO.

Whilst shopping at a large shopping Mall yesterday I wasn't surprised to see two men walking toward me wheeling a trolly stacked with money bags, and they both were open carrying.

[Whilst it is illegal for anyone, except police, to CC or OC firearms for any reason at all, especially for self defence, it is leagle to OC to protect the banks money in Aus.]

No one in the packed Mall ran screaming, freaking out, and not one person rang police. These two men were security guards delivering money to a bank in the mall.
    Alas, when someone is shot in the act of a crime we have an immediate news headlines reaction and a call for the tightening of our already stringently tight firearms laws? Haz.

Quote Originally Posted by kd6sxa View Post
    I do remember them looking at us. I was listening to what you were saying, but would love to hear what they were saying too. I don't try to look like a LEO.
    But "you had a GUN!!! You MUST be leo." Lol. Some peoples kids. As far as what they were saying, who cares, no leo showed up, must not be a big deal right?

Quote Originally Posted by Haz. View Post
    Whilst shopping at a large shopping Mall yesterday I wasn't surprised to see two men walking toward me wheeling a trolly stacked with money bags, and they both were open carrying.

[Whilst it is illegal for anyone, except police, to CC or OC firearms for any reason at all, especially for self defence, it is leagle to OC to protect the banks money in Aus.]

No one in the packed Mall ran screaming, freaking out, and not one person rang police. These two men were security guards delivering money to a bank in the mall.
    Alas, when someone is shot in the act of a crime we have an immediate news headlines reaction and a call for the tightening of our already stringently tight firearms laws? Haz.
    Because they looked like "they could" have firearms. That would be my guess...

Because they looked like "they could" have firearms. That would be my guess...
    Where did I ask a question? Haz.

Where did I ask a question? Haz.
    Where did anyone in the thread ask about your gun laws in Aus? Also, where was there a mention of security guards open carrying? Or anything to do with a mall?

Oh yeah, here is your question...

"Alas, when someone is shot in the act of a crime we have an immediate news headlines reaction and a call for the tightening of our already stringently tight firearms laws? "

Lastly, Logan, did I meet you at the West salem picnic?
    Nope....I don't think so. The only person I think I talked to there besides my buddy I went with was kd6sxa. He was asking people about holsters.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Where did anyone in the thread ask about your gun laws in Aus? Also, where was there a mention of security guards open carrying? Or anything to do with a mall?

Oh yeah, here is your question...

"Alas, when someone is shot in the act of a crime we have an immediate news headlines reaction and a call for the tightening of our already stringently tight firearms laws? "
    The opening thread is titled, "I Saw My First OC In Walmart."

Unless this is a private thread run by you Mlutz, I responded by stating only OC's in Aus. shopping mall's are security guards protecting banks money not people.

Oh yeah,
    My quote above is statement not a question. There is a difference. Haz.

The opening thread is titled, "I Saw My First OC In Walmart."

Unless this is a private thread run by you Mlutz, I responded by stating only OC's in Aus. shopping mall's are security guards protecting banks money not people.

Oh yeah,

My quote above is statement not a question. There is a difference. Haz.
    Wal-Mart is not a mall... No where was a "protection" statement made... So...
    Yes, there is a difference a period... Use a period [ . ] at the end of a sentence that makes a statement.
    A question mark means it is a question...

"Wal-Mart is not a mall... No where was a "protection" statement made... So...
    Yes, there is a difference a period... Use a period [ . ] at the end of a sentence that makes a statement.
    A question mark means it is a question...

I have never been to the USA so I dont know how Wal-mart is set up. For your peace of mind I will endevor not to respond to any threads you are involved in from now on [ . ]

Did I make any spelling mistakes [ ? ] Oh yeah, thanks for the English lesson Sister Scholastica [ . ] Haz.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

*plonk*

Quote Originally Posted by haz. View Post
    .i have never been to the usa haz.
    .*plonk*.

McX
    now you got me hanging; what is plonk [?]

Centurion

Thanks for the input.

I love the hear what goes on in other societies. Strange how so many have been indoctrinated into accepting arms with people in uniform, but no others!

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    now you got me hanging; what is plonk [?]
    Down under 'Plonk' is a wino's name for strong wine of any description. "I wanna bottle of plonk, NOW!." Gimmi a bottle of 'plonk' now! Many of the younger generation working in wine bars and bottle shops here dont even know what the term plonk is or means.

Some believe its the sound of water droplets falling onto or into whatever. Haz.
    Last edited by Haz.; 07-01-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    I love the hear what goes on in other societies. Strange how so many have been indoctrinated into accepting arms with people in uniform, but no others!
    Hi 'ccwinstructor' I'll try and continue posting as long as the smart arses and grammer experts leave me alone [ . ] [ ? ] [ ' - ' ] LOL! Haz.