• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon OC Pamphlet

Nebulis01

It seems to have been lost in the forum move. Could someone with a copy please re-post it or send it to me in an email?

Thanks

--Moderator added shortcut--

• pdf.gif
    Oregon_Gun_Rights-BW_4-7-12.pdf (106.8 KB, 921 views)
  • pdf.gif
    Oregon_Gun_Rights-C_4-7-12.pdf (131.0 KB, 987 views)

Last edited by a moderator:

markm

Thanks for the Pamphlet!

Thanks for the pamplet.

I will be visiting Bend in a week and needed a one-stop device to get my research headed in the correct direction.

I am now specifically looking for the ORS that allows a non-resident of Oregon, who is legally allowed to possess a handgun in CA, to open carry or transport a handgun in Oregon.

Also, do I need to lock-up the handgun if it is not openly carried in my car?

I will be reading ORS statutes until I find the answer, unless someone knows the pertinent sections.

Markm

We-the-People

Thanks for the pamplet.

I will be visiting Bend in a week and needed a one-stop device to get my research headed in the correct direction.

I am now specifically looking for the ORS that allows a non-resident of Oregon, who is legally allowed to possess a handgun in CA, to open carry or transport a handgun in Oregon.

Also, do I need to lock-up the handgun if it is not openly carried in my car?

I will be reading ORS statutes until I find the answer, unless someone knows the pertinent sections.

Markm

You won't find an ORS allowing a non resident to OC or transport. The applicable ORS are 166.250 which details what is prohibited and 166.360/370 which define and discuss carry in certain places (public buildings, courts, etc.).

If the weapon is concealed within the vehicle it must be unloaded or "not readilly accessible". There is case law on the definition of readilly accessible but if it's in the trunk, locked in a case, etc. you should be okay. However, if it is loaded, there is case law in Oregon that now defines the interior of your vehicle as "public place" so without a CHL if you're in a town which restricts loaded carry, you can be cited for loaded and visible in the car as well.

In addition to the city info in the pamphlet that was attached to an earlier post, check my next post in this thread where I will place some information that I've been digging up the last month of so in an attempt to more fully identify local restrictions. There are a few that aren't in the pamphlet and a few clarifications.

We-the-People

I've been doing a bunch of research in the last month or so on local firearms restrictions and have found a few that aren't in the pamplets that I've seem posted here, nor on my pamphlet. I've also included a few clarifications on local restrictions that are mentioned in the pamphlets.

Keep in mind, that while a locality might have an ordinance in violation of state law, it can be a hassle to "sort it out" in the courts. Some may have old ordinances, others may have them simply to harass and keep carriers "at bay". Use your judgement.

Astoria 5.010(A) No carry in park, loaded or not

Corvallis Transit system code of conduct
III.7 No firearms w/out CHL – no unloaded provision

Dallas 5.100 isn’t applicable to OC but the below section is:
5.104 Loaded w/out CHL prohibited in city parks – does NOT state magazines/clips/speed loaders not attached must be empty.

INDEPENDENCE
9.24.1 (B) No loaded or unloaded carry in parks w/out CHL

NEWPORT
8.20.005 Loaded carry w/out CHL prohibited.

OREGON CITY
9.24.020 (A) No loaded or unloaded carry in parks w/out CHL
9.24.020 (B) No loaded carry w/out CHL
9.24.020 (E) Must allow officer to examine weapon on person or in vehicle
No CHL exception to this provision

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
Oregon pamphlet update

I updated the Oregon pamphlet with We-the-People's updated info. I had to axe the graphic on the 2nd page, but added the text back in. The cities were alphabetized.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

thebastidge

2519 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver Washington, US
Pre-printed?

Has anyone made extras of these pamphlets that they would like to unload? I would be willing to pay for the cost of printing and shipping.

If not, doesn't anyone have a recommendation for a Portland/Vancouver area printer that can make these for us fairly inexpensively in the ~500 unit range?

We-the-People

Has anyone made extras of these pamphlets that they would like to unload? I would be willing to pay for the cost of printing and shipping.

If not, doesn't anyone have a recommendation for a Portland/Vancouver area printer that can make these for us fairly inexpensively in the ~500 unit range?

I'm pretty sure folks are just printing them as they need them, on their personal computers. I know I go through a bunch of them at school but it's not that bad.

VW_Factor

Is the original creator of this pamphlet still around? Or can we update the information on the pamphlet (such as web addresses)?

Dogbait

Suggestion I have for the pamphlet is to tailor one for black and white printing. The current one has colored text that becomes difficult to read when printed as black and white. I'm not sure if anyone is actively working on the current one so I'll try working on it a bit.

VW_Factor

The only change I could recommend is updating the web addresses on the back page.

Using a PDF editor, should be easy enough to change text colors. I print some just to keep the color print heads in my printer workin. (the print heads are seperate from the ink)

Dogbait

Oregon Firearm Ordnances to Oregon Firearm Ordinances

That was the main one, the others were just MS Word grammar checking. :lol:

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
Wow, I'm not sure how that made it wrong for this long. Feel free to point out anything that needs improved. I don't want to think that I am the keepr of this pamphet. Anyone that wants the word doc's feel free to chime in. I just figured that we don't need a tone of different versions floating around.

Here are the corrected spelling version, one in color and one in bw.

Ken

Last edited: