• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My latest article about Mayor Daley: Contempt of court George Wallace style

Dreamer

The comparison between Daley and Wallace is regretably apt.

A man who, after growing up in an abusing family, failing at school, and associating with all sorts of dubious characters in young adulthood, is lifted to power through funding from a cabal of international bankers, corrupt political machinations, false-flag operations, and hollow promises, by a population that was demoralized, financially destitute, industrially destroyed, and culturally bankrupt...

A man who, surrounding himself with astute and expert propagandists, gained further power by shaping public perception through an intense PR program based on racism, classism, and zenophobia...

A man who ENCOURAGES corruption in civil law enforcement, the courts, and bureaucracy, which serves to strengthen his position...

A man who plays on racial tensions in the media to maintain a state of social destabilization, further strengthening his power...

A man who develops an educational system DESIGNED to keep the poor population uneducated, and to so thoroughly brainwash the middle class as to make critical thinking appear to be abnormal...

Who does this describe?

Mayor Daley?

Or maybe a short, angry Austrian Corporal from a few decades back?

Is there a difference?

If it walks, quacks, and flies like a duck...

JT

Daley is visibly bitter that his authority has been weakened. The true "gun and drug thugs" are his power base and that power base is now threatened by the prospect of the law abiding having access to arms.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Great article, John.

But, really. Out of human decency, when you draw that much blood, you ought to provide the pig a bucket into which he can bleed. Of course, that would imply Daley had a heart to pump blood in the first place, so maybe there would be no point.

jweiss

St. Paul's Rockin Eastside, Minnesota, USA
Great article, John.

But, really. Out of human decency, when you draw that much blood, you ought to provide the pig a bucket into which he can bleed. Of course, that would imply Daley had a heart to pump blood in the first place, so maybe there would be no point.
I agree totally with Citizen's post in every aspect. Thanks for voiceing it ya did better than I could.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone for your kind words. :)

I have long wondered the same thing.

John

John,
this is an excellent article. I know the machine is big but i still wonder how he keeps his position and that the people do not fire or vote him out? this is a terrible dynasty.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Nice job John!

At least George Wallace had the conscience and decency later in life to admit he was wrong and reject and recant his earlier bigotry and hate. Seems unlikely we'll see that with Daley.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
Send in the Troops!

The biggest difference, of course, between then and now is that the current occupant of the office of the president will not send in troops to enforce the Supreme Court's decision.

eye95

The biggest difference, of course, between then and now is that the current occupant of the office of the president will not send in troops to enforce the Supreme Court's decision.

How do you know this? Personally, I worry that this president would use military force to enforce a decision with which he agreed. I don't know that he would, but he has already amply demonstrated that the Constitution and Liberty aren't high on his priority list.

fully_armed_biker

Thanks everyone for your kind words. :)

I have long wondered the same thing.

John

John,
this is an excellent article. I know the machine is big but i still wonder how he keeps his position and that the people do not fire or vote him out? this is a terrible dynasty.

Ahhh...the joys of Cook County Machine politics...the thing you need to understand is that the entire system is set up to make sure that can't happen. Corruption is at the very core of Cook County politics...it's built right into the system. How else do you get thousands of dead people to vote election after election?

Last edited:

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
How do you know this? Personally, I worry that this president would use military force to enforce a decision with which he agreed. I don't know that he would, but he has already amply demonstrated that the Constitution and Liberty aren't high on his priority list.

Easy there, eye95. I agree with you. Look at what I said - he won't be sending in the troops to force Chicago to recognize the gun rights that the Supreme Court just said people have.

I think he'd send them in anywhere in a heartbeat if he got a decision that fit his yearning for a Court that looked to redistribute the wealth.

eye95

Easy there, eye95. I agree with you. Look at what I said - he won't be sending in the troops to force Chicago to recognize the gun rights that the Supreme Court just said people have.

I think he'd send them in anywhere in a heartbeat if he got a decision that fit his yearning for a Court that looked to redistribute the wealth.

I recommend that you go back and edit your post. It makes no reference to any specific decision, leaving the decided impression that he wouldn't use troops to support any SC decision.

Anyway, troops couldn't help the Chicago situation. At the university in Alabama, Wallace had armed troopers at a single location keeping the SC decision from being carried out. US troops would be useful there, at that one single location. What would the troops do in Chicago? Walk around with every police officer?

While the military was a practical misuse in the case of Alabama, the military would be an impractical misuse in Chicago. Much as I hate it, I gotta give President Obama a pass on this one. I'll wait till he does something illegal or stupid to criticize him.

That'll be any second now.

simmonsjoe

I recommend that you go back and edit your post. It makes no reference to any specific decision, leaving the decided impression that he wouldn't use troops to support any SC decision.
Only a troll would see it that way, because only a troll is used to going off topic so often that he doesn't even know wtf the discussion is about.:banghead: It's clearly specific and referenced when read in context.

eye95

Only a troll would see it that way, because only a troll is used to going off topic so often that he doesn't even know wtf the discussion is about.:banghead: It's clearly specific and referenced when read in context.

Troll? Do trolls ignore other posters? Or, rather, get into flame wars with them?

Nope. I won't get into a flame war with you. I'll just stop reading what you have to write. Bye.

rodbender

Since the topic of this thread was the McDonald decision, I don't see how anyone could think that XD-GEM was referring to any other, past, current or in the future.