Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Magazine - Photo essay profiles the open carriers of California

Moderator / Administrator

Time Magazine - Photo essay profiles the open carriers of California

http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...000412,00.html

SNIP

Profiles of "Open Carry" Gun Law Advocates

The June 28 Supreme Court ruling on the right to carry an unloaded weapon heartens gun owners in Northern California

Very Cool!

I hit the big time

Wow, Cool. I hit the big Time.

Campaign Veteran
    Very cool, and talk about a great marketing opportunity for Blackhawk Serpa Holsters.

lol

no kidding, but I would hae to say -1 to Blackhawk.

They DO NOT make one for me. Left handed for a Rugar

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    Love it. Citizens going about their business. What can be more natural!

These photos

are of East Bay Open Carry,
    South Bay Open Carry Movement,
    and NorCal Open Carry.
    and most if not all also belong to RCC Resonsible Citizens of CA

I hope I got every one's group, if I forgot, I am sorry

Did any else notice all the extremely uncomfortable citizens, and the fearful wailing in the backgrounds?

yeah......neither did i.

Wonderful pic of Jerry and his kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    no kidding, but I would hae to say -1 to Blackhawk.

They DO NOT make one for me. Left handed for a Rugar
    Well, that's the problem.....you're left handed! See if you were normal you'd shoot with your right hand. Not to mention the fact that you shoot a R-U-G-A-R. So is that some kind of Chinese made Ruger knockoff?
    j/k

Wonderful pic of Jerry and his kid![/QUOTE]

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    Did any else notice all the extremely uncomfortable citizens, and the fearful wailing in the backgrounds?

yeah......neither did i.

Wonderful pic of Jerry and his kid!
    Didn't you see the woman under the table holding the plastic baby?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Founder's Club Member
    I'm surprised anything connected to Time portrays self-defense in a good light. The publication has a 70 year history of promoting harm. I wonder what they're up to.

This was a spectacular varigation of diversity- women, men, family leaders, white, black, latino, asian. It was heartening to see Time add that with incorporation, state and local authorities would not be able to regulate open carry- even if it turns out that AB1934 is advanced to the Governors desk.

One photo did stand out as a little artificial- and that was of the ladies enjoying their spa escape.

Other than that, I would say that circulating this would be very beneficial to winning converts among both the 2A world and those who are ambivelent to the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    One photo did stand out as a little artificial- and that was of the ladies enjoying their spa escape.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-CARRY-Fremont
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Nice pictorial...my only problem with it would have to be the quote by one of the women in the salon pic. The woman went on to describe how nervous she was the one time she had to load her gun and she didn't know if she could use it. Quite honestly, unless you KNOW you can and will use it if necessary, you probably shouldn't be carrying.

As reported

that clip does sema to make her look bad.

However, I know the lady, and I know that is NOT what was said. It was taking out of context. As we are all aware the media is known to do.

The lady has NEVER had to pull her gun. She would use it as a last result only. She and her girls are all taking self defense classes.

I do not want to get into a he said/she said debate here. It will serve no purpose.

Lets all just celebrate in a good article, and a week of very good court rulings, andlegislative rulings.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    that clip does sema to make her look bad.

However, I know the lady, and I know that is NOT what was said. It was taking out of context. As we are all aware the media is known to do.

The lady has NEVER had to pull her gun. She would use it as a last result only. She and her girls are all taking self defense classes.

I do not want to get into a he said/she said debate here. It will serve no purpose.

Lets all just celebrate in a good article, and a week of very good court rulings, andlegislative rulings.
    I was in no way trying to bash her...and yes, now that you mentioned the media taking it out of context...and more than likely twisting and molding two or three statements into what was printed as a singular statement, makes perfect sense.

My point is that while OC is in the spotlight we need to hammer the message that we are armed to protect ourselves and our families, and we will, if and when it becomes necessary. Otherwise, it lends credibility to the anti's argument that we're just carrying for attention.

I agree, this is a week to celebrate.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    A couple of the ladies in the pictorial posted over at Calguns, one saying what she said to the author and how it was taken out of context:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=316768

Great post, thanks for sharing!

Yes essentially the photo was posed on the spa. He kept asked us to pull our guns in front, and told us to lean back and close our eyes. He took many pictures not just those at the OC girls day.

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    This was a spectacular varigation of diversity- women, men, family leaders, white, black, latino, asian. It was heartening to see Time add that with incorporation, state and local authorities would not be able to regulate open carry- even if it turns out that AB1934 is advanced to the Governors desk.

Other than that, I would say that circulating this would be very beneficial to winning converts among both the 2A world and those who are ambivelent to the movement.

Great article!

The one thing that I took away from that was the what the last picture stated, he said something to the extent of "It's about safety, I'm not trying to be a policeman".

BOOM! Hit the nail on the head. When you think back to the time when everyone (well most men anyway) wore big iron on there hip, they weren't looking to do the job of the town Sheriff. Nope, they were simply protecting themselves. I think a lot of people can't make the distinction between the two given the amount of time that has elapsed since people stopped wearing a firearm openly. Media took care of the rest and sealed a "mindset" that only NOW are we trying to somehow rehabilitate from. People have been programmed to somehow forget who the servants are (the elected officials and police) and we gave up the decision making process to the servants. Would you let your nanny or gardener handle your bank account? Seems kinda silly doesn't it?

You know ironically, there would probably be a lot less crime if more people OC'd (again).
    The more we sweat in times of peace, the less we bleed in times of war.

Quote Originally Posted by luv_jeeps View Post
    Very cool, and talk about a great marketing opportunity for Blackhawk Serpa Holsters.
    Speaking of which, I plan on getting one: BlackHawk SERPA CQC Holster w/ Matte Finish

Quote Originally Posted by fully_armed_biker View Post
    Nice pictorial...my only problem with it would have to be the quote by one of the women in the salon pic. The woman went on to describe how nervous she was the one time she had to load her gun and she didn't know if she could use it. Quite honestly, unless you KNOW you can and will use it if necessary, you probably shouldn't be carrying.
    I completely disagree! I think anyone who wishes to should carry. It is better to have and not use then to need and not have. No situation is the same and if someone hesitates at shooting and killing someone it may be for a reason. I have not run every scenario in my head if it even possible. When will I shoot to kill? I'll let you know if and (hopefully never) when it happens.

kittyhawk63
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    A couple of the ladies in the pictorial posted over at Calguns, one saying what she said to the author and how it was taken out of context:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=316768
    I was "quoted" by a newspaper one time when I was a principal of a school in a small California town. The only problem with the quote was that the reporter and I never once discussed the topic for which I supposedly was being quoted. It was entirely made up by the newspaper.

I know the lady that was mis represented in this article. She has done more for this movement then in the last 10 months then most of us.

She has fought almost daily in Sac. Assembly members and Senators on both sides of the isle have said goods things about and to her. Even our strongest opposition have had good things to say about her.

Yes, the reported did take words out of context. As they always do. This event, was also only her second time carrying in public. If I recall.

So it is understandable why she would feel somewhat nervous in front of the reporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast