• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time Magazine - Photo essay profiles the open carriers of California

Iopencarry

These photos

are of East Bay Open Carry,
South Bay Open Carry Movement,
and NorCal Open Carry.
and most if not all also belong to RCC Resonsible Citizens of CA

I hope I got every one's group, if I forgot, I am sorry

Don Tomas

no kidding, but I would hae to say -1 to Blackhawk.

They DO NOT make one for me. Left handed for a Rugar

Well, that's the problem.....you're left handed! See if you were normal you'd shoot with your right hand. Not to mention the fact that you shoot a R-U-G-A-R. So is that some kind of Chinese made Ruger knockoff? ;)
j/k

Gundude

Did any else notice all the extremely uncomfortable citizens, and the fearful wailing in the backgrounds?

yeah......neither did i.

Wonderful pic of Jerry and his kid!

Didn't you see the woman under the table holding the plastic baby? :lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm surprised anything connected to Time portrays self-defense in a good light. The publication has a 70 year history of promoting harm. I wonder what they're up to.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
This was a spectacular varigation of diversity- women, men, family leaders, white, black, latino, asian. It was heartening to see Time add that with incorporation, state and local authorities would not be able to regulate open carry- even if it turns out that AB1934 is advanced to the Governors desk.

One photo did stand out as a little artificial- and that was of the ladies enjoying their spa escape.

Other than that, I would say that circulating this would be very beneficial to winning converts among both the 2A world and those who are ambivelent to the movement.

fully_armed_biker

Nice pictorial...my only problem with it would have to be the quote by one of the women in the salon pic. The woman went on to describe how nervous she was the one time she had to load her gun and she didn't know if she could use it. Quite honestly, unless you KNOW you can and will use it if necessary, you probably shouldn't be carrying.

Iopencarry

As reported

that clip does sema to make her look bad.

However, I know the lady, and I know that is NOT what was said. It was taking out of context. As we are all aware the media is known to do.

The lady has NEVER had to pull her gun. She would use it as a last result only. She and her girls are all taking self defense classes.

I do not want to get into a he said/she said debate here. It will serve no purpose.

Lets all just celebrate in a good article, and a week of very good court rulings, andlegislative rulings.

fully_armed_biker

that clip does sema to make her look bad.

However, I know the lady, and I know that is NOT what was said. It was taking out of context. As we are all aware the media is known to do.

The lady has NEVER had to pull her gun. She would use it as a last result only. She and her girls are all taking self defense classes.

I do not want to get into a he said/she said debate here. It will serve no purpose.

Lets all just celebrate in a good article, and a week of very good court rulings, andlegislative rulings.

I was in no way trying to bash her...and yes, now that you mentioned the media taking it out of context...and more than likely twisting and molding two or three statements into what was printed as a singular statement, makes perfect sense.

My point is that while OC is in the spotlight we need to hammer the message that we are armed to protect ourselves and our families, and we will, if and when it becomes necessary. Otherwise, it lends credibility to the anti's argument that we're just carrying for attention.

I agree, this is a week to celebrate.

puppy8agun

Yes essentially the photo was posed on the spa. He kept asked us to pull our guns in front, and told us to lean back and close our eyes. He took many pictures not just those at the OC girls day.

This was a spectacular varigation of diversity- women, men, family leaders, white, black, latino, asian. It was heartening to see Time add that with incorporation, state and local authorities would not be able to regulate open carry- even if it turns out that AB1934 is advanced to the Governors desk.

One photo did stand out as a little artificial- and that was of the ladies enjoying their spa escape.

Other than that, I would say that circulating this would be very beneficial to winning converts among both the 2A world and those who are ambivelent to the movement.