• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stabilizer Muscles

Beretta92FSLady

I practice strong and weak hand shooting....not as much as I should. I will work on that more.

I did not know that it was every 3rd. I am going to go in July!

Get in a lot of practice before hand.

I have been practicing holster draw and mag change here at the house. I have thought about once a week traveling out to the gravel pit south of Olympia and getting my running/shooting time in.

gsx1138

2 inch groups at 10 yards is plenty fine. As someone else suggested, practice different reloads, shooting on the move, and multiple targets within a time limit.

Personally I'd be happy with 2 inch groups at 10 yards and my rapid fire sucks. But that's what practice is for. :)

Leatherneck

rapid fire

okay, it's not really "work out" related, but it is rapid fire practice related.

at the range there was a guy rapid firing 2 shots at a time. 2 separate pieces of paper about 2" wide. One hanging from each clip. I was impressed!

How the heck does one get to the point where they could double tap these - left/right.
The only thing I thought of was light loads.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Practice

My brother-in-law can do this...he can shoot the same bullet hole in the center of the target over and over at a rapid fire. And he does not shoot a light load, he does so with his duty gun Sig P229 in .357 Sig! It is quite impressive, but that is what he does for a living.

okay, it's not really "work out" related, but it is rapid fire practice related.

at the range there was a guy rapid firing 2 shots at a time. 2 separate pieces of paper about 2" wide. One hanging from each clip. I was impressed!

How the heck does one get to the point where they could double tap these - left/right.
The only thing I thought of was light loads.