Thread: Circle k says "We Now Sell--Ammo!"

Circle k says "We Now Sell--Ammo!"

I was in the Circle-K at Gause West and Carrol Road this am for my morning shot of caffeine. Behind the counter(right hand register) is a very small sign--We now sell ammo. I asked the woman working is this was real or a joke--she looked surprised I thought it might be a joke. "Yes--we do sell ammo" she said. The sign is so small it is hard to read but I was able to make out .45 ACP and .40 S&W but not the prices--too small for my 63 year old eyes even with glasses. The list went on with various other calibers but I could not make them out. Someone with better eyesight could post the entire list. They get my business.

I can hear the police report now.. Yes officer he came in and bought some smokes a beer and a box of ammo.Then he left and came back in with a gun and robbed me.

64g

All too possible!

I wonder if its just that 1 store or not.

Circle-K

They still have the very small No Guns sign down at the bottom left of the door--you have to be actually looking for it to notice it. It's buried in all the other "notices".

Sent this today.

This issue concerns both Circle K stores in Minden, LA. Yesterday morning, I noticed a sign near the entrance that prohibits all firearms in the store. This store is conveniantly located on my way to work and I have feuled and purchased other items there numerous times. I am a firearms instructor and a concealed carry permit holder. I carry a firearm with me everywhere I go. I don't know if this is a corporate oversight or simply ignorance, but Louisiana, like Florida, is a very active concealed carry state. Open carry is also legal in Louisiana. Like Arizona, no permit is required for any law-abiding citizen to openly carry a firearm. I do not know when these signs were posted, but I first noticed them yesterday.
    It is certainly within your rights to ban guns in your store. I will honor that request and take my business elsewhere and advise all my associates to do the same. I am a business owner and if I am going to lose a group of customers, I want to know why. That gives me a huge advantage over my competitors! I understand the premise of such a rule, but I somehow doubt that a potential criminal will be detered by a small, barely noticeable sign. I would feel much safer in my place of business if I knew an armed, well-trained citizen was shopping in my store.
    Please reply so that I will know how I and those I influence should procede.

Great email. Please keep us informed of their reply if they do send one.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Someone posted a picture of the no gun sign at one of the stores in the Baton Rouge area the sign quotes a Tennessee law not Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie12 View Post
    Someone posted a picture of the no gun sign at one of the stores in the Baton Rouge area the sign quotes a Tennessee law not Louisiana.
    Heh. The first sign I ever saw that was compliant with Texas PC 30.06 requirements, was on the Arkla Gas office in Texarkana: Texarkana, Arkansas.

Here is the reply I received

Mr.. ******,

I am sorry you feel this way but our decision was based on liability issues and we stand by this policy.

Sincerely,

Mitch Gladwin
    Retail Operations Director
    318-682-4610
    mgladwin@circlek.com

Quote Originally Posted by MindenGlock View Post
    Mr.. ******,

I am sorry you feel this way but our decision was based on liability issues and we stand by this policy.

Sincerely,

Mitch Gladwin
    Retail Operations Director
    318-682-4610
    mgladwin@circlek.com

Sounds like they don't want your money.

Sounds like fooey to me.

I guess if it's a liability issue then they are admitting that they have accepted full responsibility for your safety while in the store.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson