• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Circle k says "We Now Sell--Ammo!"

4sooth

I was in the Circle-K at Gause West and Carrol Road this am for my morning shot of caffeine. Behind the counter(right hand register) is a very small sign--We now sell ammo. I asked the woman working is this was real or a joke--she looked surprised I thought it might be a joke. "Yes--we do sell ammo" she said. The sign is so small it is hard to read but I was able to make out .45 ACP and .40 S&W but not the prices--too small for my 63 year old eyes even with glasses. The list went on with various other calibers but I could not make them out. Someone with better eyesight could post the entire list. They get my business.

55bowtie

I can hear the police report now.. Yes officer he came in and bought some smokes a beer and a box of ammo.Then he left and came back in with a gun and robbed me.

4sooth

Circle-K

They still have the very small No Guns sign down at the bottom left of the door--you have to be actually looking for it to notice it. It's buried in all the other "notices".

MindenGlock

Sent this today.

This issue concerns both Circle K stores in Minden, LA. Yesterday morning, I noticed a sign near the entrance that prohibits all firearms in the store. This store is conveniantly located on my way to work and I have feuled and purchased other items there numerous times. I am a firearms instructor and a concealed carry permit holder. I carry a firearm with me everywhere I go. I don't know if this is a corporate oversight or simply ignorance, but Louisiana, like Florida, is a very active concealed carry state. Open carry is also legal in Louisiana. Like Arizona, no permit is required for any law-abiding citizen to openly carry a firearm. I do not know when these signs were posted, but I first noticed them yesterday.
It is certainly within your rights to ban guns in your store. I will honor that request and take my business elsewhere and advise all my associates to do the same. I am a business owner and if I am going to lose a group of customers, I want to know why. That gives me a huge advantage over my competitors! I understand the premise of such a rule, but I somehow doubt that a potential criminal will be detered by a small, barely noticeable sign. I would feel much safer in my place of business if I knew an armed, well-trained citizen was shopping in my store.
Please reply so that I will know how I and those I influence should procede.

KBCraig

Someone posted a picture of the no gun sign at one of the stores in the Baton Rouge area the sign quotes a Tennessee law not Louisiana.
Heh. The first sign I ever saw that was compliant with Texas PC 30.06 requirements, was on the Arkla Gas office in Texarkana: Texarkana, Arkansas.

MindenGlock

Here is the reply I received

Mr.. ******,

I am sorry you feel this way but our decision was based on liability issues and we stand by this policy.

Sincerely,

Mitch Gladwin
Retail Operations Director
318-682-4610
mgladwin@circlek.com

VAopencarry

Sounds like fooey to me.

I guess if it's a liability issue then they are admitting that they have accepted full responsibility for your safety while in the store.