• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig 226

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
I have a bead on a p226 9mm at a local shop. It's a trade in, red box, refurbished. 500 bucks for the gun, box, and 2 mags. I've never shopped for a Sig before, but I like the gun. Is 500 a fair price?

G20-IWB24/7

Not the "DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!" but I've seen factory refurbs selling for more than that. Does it have standard sights or nightsights? If it's a gun you want, that's not a bad deal either way, but its an even better deal if it does have NS.

45acpForMe

I have a bead on a p226 9mm at a local shop. It's a trade in, red box, refurbished. 500 bucks for the gun, box, and 2 mags. I've never shopped for a Sig before, but I like the gun. Is 500 a fair price?

It is a fair price. Especially from a gunshop which marks up prices over private sales. If it is something you definitely want grab it.

There are different versions of the P226 out there so depending on what version and options like night sights or short reset trigger it could be a great deal. If it is a plain-jane vanilla P226 it is still a decent price.

45acpForMe

Not bad. I've seen well used 226s go in mid $400 range in my state.....

t33j, the P226 I picked up on vaguntrader for < $400 was a steal and everyone kept chiming in saying "Merry Christmas to you". :) The person selling was leaving town in a week, and going to an anti-state so they wanted to sell quickly. I was lucky enough to be browsing when it went up for sale and grabbed it right away. I am sure if I waited 10 minutes it would have been gone. I think he easily could have gotten $500-$600 if he wanted to wait a little longer than the 1 hour it took to sell. :)