• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boyd County (FIVCO) Health Department

Undertaker

Info needed....I was at the Boyd County (FIVCO) District Health Department on business last week and at the door of each building was a sign (approx 2'x3') stating something to the effect of 'No deadly weapons permitted regardless of Concealed Carry permit or otherwise'. Someone post some info on this and I'll try to go back and get a picture in a couple of days.

Undertaker

A Call To The Judge

I'll make a call to Bud Steven's office on Tuesday, July 6 but doubtful I'll recieve any information. Bud was in some kind of incident a ferw days ago and recieved severe burns. He's in the hospital, Daily Independent was very sketchy on any details.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I have never noticed this sign, I will be going by there tommorow to see if this sign is still up and speak with management. This is certainly illegal being as this is a county owned building, we will get this taken care of if it is still an issue. Thanks for bringing this back into view.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The new sign says no concealed weapons even with proper license. Which makes no sense cuz u gotta have the license to cc. This is the only building in bc that I've seen no concealed weapons signs. I don't see y they do this being as open carry is allowed Nessus.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
you are correct, boyd county has no ordinance banning concealed carry in county buildings. Im taking off work friday and I plan on going by there to gather some information on how they came to the belief that they can do this. From what I am aware of they have no private facility, but I will find out. I also plan on speaking with bud, however Im not sure that will go ne where over a problem I had with him laying off county employees who have been employed for 20 years and letting him know how i felt about it, but we will see.

Liberty4Ever

If Kentucky ever repeals KRS 65.870, about half of the fun I have is gone. I love telling local government officials that they are in violation of state law, specifically KRS 65.870, and having them squirm a bit because they can tell from my confident and knowledgeable explanation that I'm probably right. They usually tell me they need to research it and get back with me. KRS 65.870 has never failed me yet.

That KRS 65.870 is a helluva law!

It helps to read them the unambiguous law on your first encounter.

65.870 Local firearms control ordinances prohibited.
No city, county or urban-county government may occupy any part of the field of regulation of the transfer, ownership, possession, carrying or transportation of firearms, ammunition, or components of firearms or combination thereof.
Effective: July 13, 1984
History: Created 1984 Ky. Acts ch. 42, sec. 1, effective July 13, 1984.

UnfetteredMight

Your right. It is great fun to watch an elected official have to admit he has been violating the law and will have to change his ways. My biggest laugh is when they try to confuse you by quoting the concealed carry law, KRS 237.115, to justify bans on open carry. However, it spoils the fun when they absolutely refuse to comply. KRS 65.870 needs some teeth to make it enforceable. If you'd like to try your luck give Bardstown and Pikeville a try. They won't even take my calls or answer my emails anymore. I'd hoped we could organise an OC picnic or other event in these two places this spring.

Oh you can count me in for Bardstown, just give the word!

Last edited: