Thread: Coming to the ham for a wedding

Coming to the ham for a wedding

I am from Jackson, MS. I will be attending a wedding on July 10th. I have a MS Firearms Permit, so I know that I'll be good to carry in my car. My question is: In Alabama, is carry prohibited in houses of worship? It is in MS, but I'm not so sure about Alabama. Thanks.

Banned
    I have given the AL Code a good reading and found no such law.

However, IANAL.

At a wedding, I recommend CC. We wouldn't want to take attention away from the bride!

Eye95 is pretty good at this stuff and his reasoning is sound. OC at a wedding would be in bad form since it is the bride's day and all focus should be on her. OCing could be like an old boyfriend showing up or the groom's old girlfriend making a scene.

www.alabamaopencarry.com

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I have given the AL Code a good reading and found no such law.

However, IANAL.

At a wedding, I recommend CC. We wouldn't want to take attention away from the bride!
    I'd definitely CC. Did this at a friend's wedding and had no issues. OC'ing at a wedding could be a social faux pax and might get you some unwanted attention from the bride and groom.

That being said, it is Alabama and if you come unarmed you might be the outcast there.

This is me OCing at a wedding....MY wedding.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OC_Wedding.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	3092

My question is...Is this a shotgun wedding? If so, then I do not see why you couldn't OC. Shoot if the Father is carrying, then why not everyone else. It'lll detract from the reason why they are getting married. LOL

If you can't carry in church, then half of my congregation should be in jail. We don't like providing a "target-rich environment."

Kingfish, I wish I'd thought of OCing at my own wedding. Oh, well, maybe we'll renew our vows in a few years.

If the bride and groom have let it known that they will be OCing at their wedding, then I'm sure you'd receive their go-ahead to do the same. If not, then I highly, highly recommend that you CC out of respect for their wishes for their ceremony.

Remember, every time you walk out of the house armed you are an ambassador and we want to be good ambassadors.

Should've been more clear

I apologize for not being clear in the original post. I was asking if carry (at all) was legal in houses of worship. CC would be my preference in this situation anyway.

Church Carry

No laws down here, but check with the groom, and his soon to be boss before OC'ing.

There is nothing more funny than pulling the brides piece when going for the garder.
    Course you can't throw it to the crowd.

Knowing my crazy relatives, there'd be consumption of alcohol shortly thereafter, and something would get chased across the lawn with bullets. But they have an odd way of behaving at odd times as well.

Personally, wouldn't bother me, but again, it's the "taking the eyes off the bride and groom..." Not any sort of legal reason.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
    If you can't carry in church, then half of my congregation should be in jail. We don't like providing a "target-rich environment."
    Well that's one church where no one steals out of the offering plate. ;-)
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.