• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

7 mile

erb

I've got 8 in the clip, not 6. It's a full size 1911 steel frame. :) ****I don't carry that plastic sh|t****
I have two spare clips but only carry one.

Thanks for the welcome - excellent site with a lot of knowledge here.

Last edited:

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
I've got 8 in the clip, not 6. It's a full size 1911 steel frame. :) ****I don't carry that plastic sh|t****
I have two spare clips but only carry one.

Thanks for the welcome - excellent site with a lot of knowledge here.
Now you done did it!

First and foremost, they are called MAGAZINES or MAGS not clips!

Second, your steel frame, low capacity, ancient technology, 1911 designed, POS can't hold a candle to a modern high capacity defensive weapon system.

damn newbs :cuss:

Oh, btw...welcome to OCDO and hope to meet you at a get together soon.:p

erb

Now you done did it!

Second, your steel frame, low capacity, ancient technology, 1911 designed, POS can't hold a candle to a modern high capacity defensive weapon system.

I must be wearing orthopedic shoes because I stand corrected! - I have an 8 round magazine. It goes in a gun that has been in every war since it was created. TRIED AND TRUE

Maybe I'll come around sometime! :)

B

Bikenut

welcome to the site. don't let the negative comments on this site deter you. This really is a great place.

I agree... don't let the negative posts get you down... but please read them all, including the negative ones, and take anything and everything that has any value (even criticism... or perhaps especially criticism?) and learn from it. Learning is always a good thing....:D

eastmeyers

I must be wearing orthopedic shoes because I stand corrected! - I have an 8 round magazine. It goes in a gun that has been in every war since it was created. TRIED AND TRUE

Maybe I'll come around sometime! :)

First of all, you keep a full sized 1911 in your pocket? This is why I assumed 6 rounds a smaller 1911, who the f keeps a full sized 1911 in their pocket, wow, ANYone must be able to get the drop on you! That thing must take like an hour to get out, :lol:. Second of all every war? Really who carries the .45 in either of the two wars we are in now? Their is a reason the 9mm luger is also called 9mmNATO that is because every country in NATO uses it, NOT the .45acp! BTW the switch happened in the 80s!

kryptonian

welcome erb if you're real. i suspect a little baiting in your post and have heard of trolls from other sites dropping in to stir it up. given your account is true i do believe you are in detroit. only someone from there would know the proper WTF you lookin' at? greeting. it's a fronting ritual testing for weakness. walking around downtown OC is one thing - but down in the residential hood i would question the need to walk anywhere let alone OC and said you're the only white guy around. my guess is the police 'thug' look is probably necessary because that is the only look that will get respect. it wouldn't surprise me if they would just 'find' some contraband just to hold you. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. i'm exLEO and still learning from OCers.

erb

First of all, you keep a full sized 1911 in your pocket? This is why I assumed 6 rounds a smaller 1911, who the f keeps a full sized 1911 in their pocket, wow, ANYone must be able to get the drop on you! That thing must take like an hour to get out, :lol:. Second of all every war? Really who carries the .45 in either of the two wars we are in now? Their is a reason the 9mm luger is also called 9mmNATO that is because every country in NATO uses it, NOT the .45acp! BTW the switch happened in the 80s!

Officer, 4" barrel.
I have a holster with a clip that goes in my pocket. The gun goes in the holster.
Slow draw?? Quite the contrary - improved leverage (compared to on the hip) and the best part is that I can rest my hand on the handle and it looks like I have my thumb hooked on the pocket.
People don't seem to notice.

Looks like I'm wrong on the war part. But I'm sticking with TRIED AND TRUE

erb

welcome erb if you're real. i suspect a little baiting in your post and have heard of trolls from other sites dropping in to stir it up. given your account is true i do believe you are in detroit. only someone from there would know the proper WTF you lookin' at? greeting. it's a fronting ritual testing for weakness. walking around downtown OC is one thing - but down in the residential hood i would question the need to walk anywhere let alone OC and said you're the only white guy around. my guess is the police 'thug' look is probably necessary because that is the only look that will get respect. it wouldn't surprise me if they would just 'find' some contraband just to hold you. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. i'm exLEO and still learning from OCers.

I meant to point that out in one of my replies, you are awesome!

I do NOT/WILL NOT OC when I'm walking around my neighborhood.

... what do you mean you're still learning from OCers?

baiting? I only do that when I'm alone.

Last edited:

Bronson

Now you done did it!

Don't mind dougwg. Sometimes he forgets to take his meds :p

But he's correct on the magazine thing....like fingernails on a chalkboard when I hear them referred to as "clips."

Bronson

autosurgeon

But he's correct on the magazine thing....like fingernails on a chalkboard when I hear them referred to as "clips."

Bronson

clipmag.jpg

erb

Bronson

I feel the same when people say CCW.

DanM

As for picking a fight, it sounds like you're not familiar with the demeanor in Detroit around that area.

Demeanor is not dictated by where you are at or where you are from, it is dictated by you. It is a personal trait imposed on your behavior by force of your will, not an external thing imposed on your behavior by where you so happen to be currently at or what "area" you're from. I have been in, and I am from, Detroit and areas comparable to any in Detroit, yet my demeanor has always been non-hostile and non-confrontational.

I thought your posts were positive and your indications were you were being thoughtful about your approach to improving yourself in preparation for OC. Please do not continue this wrong line of thinking with regard to "demeanor". Demeanor is a thing that is wholly up to you and your willpower, and you will be eaten alive on this forum if you attempt to shift responsibility for your demeanor to anything other than yourself.

erb

Walk around that area with a wide smile on your face. You will be viewed as weak; prey.

You act like a b|tch and you're gonna get f*(ked.

Which brings me to demeanor - the way people act around eachother in the area is rough, I refuse to be seen as a b|tch.

Please do not continue this wrong line of thinking with regard to "demeanor".
You have the wrong impression of me. But that's not to say it is unwarranted, for all you see are words and sentences, your mind takes it from there.

Today was a productive day, minus all the time I spent in the forums here (not that I didn't learn anything). im tired good night

DanM

Walk around that area with a wide smile on your face.

Did I say that? No. You are leaping from "non-hostile and non-confrontational" to "have a wide smile". Fail.

You act like a b|tch and you're gonna get f*(ked.

Which brings me to demeanor - the way people act around each other in the area is rough, I refuse to be seen as a b|tch.

Hostile, confrontational, and rough-acting people are bitches as well. Their demeanor will eventually get them f*(ked in some way as well, my friend.

infidel4life

Did I say that? No. You are leaping from "non-hostile and non-confrontational" to "have a wide smile". Fail.

Hostile, confrontational, and rough-acting people are bitches as well. Their demeanor will eventually get them f*(ked in some way as well, my friend.

Everyone gets the shaft every now and again.. Mean, nice, whatever. It doesn't really matter. Demeanor really doesn't have anything to do with anything.

The nicest people in the world get shafted as much as the as7&^*%&( of the world.

B-I-T-C-$-#-E-S is a pretty loose term and covers a vast amount of people.