• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitunional Carry. Are You Guys Ready?

exelci

What Are Your Thoughts about the new law coming into effect pretty soon.. how are you guys preparing your selfs? do you think a lot of people that never even wanted to get a CCW are all of a sudden going to start CCing ? not a lot of people know about this new law.. even the other day i was OCing when some guy asked me if i had a permit to OC. In fact i get that alot and mostly from people that were born here in AZ.

Stay Safe.

Last edited:

GWbiker

Will somebody, PLEASE close the back gate. Too many strays wandering into our yard to take a dump.

Thoreau

LMAO!

Some of us might be ready, but obviously the OP isn't.

This, I do believe, is the genesis of that meme:
http://images52.fotki.com/v1554/photos/2/201355/2490663/HKad-vi.jpg

As for preparing for the new law, it's really one of those moot points in my world. I certainly don't object to more armed citizens. This new law requires no more "prep" than the guns-in-restaurants law, allowing guns in national parks, guns in parking lots law, or any of the other recent pro-gun legislation that has passed. It'll be the same non-event status.

Last edited:

Sonora Rebel

As for preparing for the new law, it's really one of those moot points in my world. I certainly don't object to more armed citizens. This new law requires no more "prep" than the guns-in-restaurants law, allowing guns in national parks, guns in parking lots law, or any of the other recent pro-gun legislation that has passed. It'll be the same non-event status.

What he said. I think most of us who carry daily have a CWP anyway... but seldom use it.

TOF

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, what shall we do.

i'm simply going to kick my boots off set back and watch all that blood run down the street.

Dahwg

i'm simply going to kick my boots off set back and watch all that blood run down the street.

I'll join you because, that's obviously what's going to happen right? I can't believe we've survived all the other apocalyptic acts of our state legislature, they've all been so epic.

brokenbarrel

+1 arizona already allows open carry without a permit just because you can now cover your gun with a shirt doesnt change who you are and how you will use said tool,if i have a screw driver in my hand when i put it in my back pocket it somehow remains a screw driver...The only change will be a few more people will carry because now they dont have to worry about being looked at by the out of towners-trust me my mother in law is eyeing a new clothing accessorie snub nose rossi she has for at home is a little heavy,and we dont belive in purse carry cause if it gets snatched then what?

Cavalryman

Campaign Veteran
Can someone clarify for me exactly what the Arizona law says, especially with regard to out-of-state visitors? Here in Alaska, anyone who is not a "prohibited person" can carry openly but concealed carry is restricted to 21+ year old residents of Alaska and non-residents with a valid concealed carry license from any other jurisdiction. Will the change to the Arizona allow non-residents to carry concealed? The question is kinda academic since I have a CC license from Alaska which is recognized in Arizona, but inquiring minds want to know.

My plan when I retire is to have a summer home in Alaska and a winter home in Arizona. The wife and I are both shooters and both have Alaska CHLs.

Edit: Does Arizona plan to keep issuing concealed carry licenses for purposes of reciprocity?

Phoenix David

Arizona doesn't care if you are a resident or not, you just have to be in the US legally. Right now that applies to OC. In 30 days or so it will be the same for CC.

The Arizona CCW permit system will remain in place.

mFonz77

While it's true that you don't need a permit to OC, OC does give any OTHER carrier (open or concealed) a heads up, because they SHOULD be situationally aware. If some thug nasty rolls into the gas station with a Taurus shoved down his pants, I'm gonna notice.

However, CC'ing carries a different set of implications, responsibilities, and skills that require mastering. Proper concealment, drawing from concealment, etc... to name a few.

While I am thrilled that our citizens will now be able to carry concealed without having to "ask permission," I must emphasize the word "Responsibility." I hope that "Constitutional CCWers" will avail themselves to the same kinds of training that licensed CCWers have all these years.

In many cases a LEO will, if not explicitly, "know" or "give you a pass" for having a CCW. That means you're "a good guy." However, I see the potential for many gaffes when Constitutional carriers are pulled over if they do not train themselves on the new laws and protocols.

May need to edit this later to organize my thoughts some more...

crisisweasel

It's hot out.

If the rivers of blood do flow, we should make a slip-n-slide. Given predictions about the severity of this, we might be able to stretch one from Phoenix to Tucson. And since there's a lot of downhill from about Flagstaff, we could get a big running start, hop on the blood-soaked slip-n-slide in Phoenix, and ride down to Tucson (or Nogales. Although it will be difficult to measure the correct length of slip-n-slide given how everything is metric in those parts) where, if all goes right, we could sort of have a contest of sorts with human traffickers at the end of the slip-n-slide as bowling pins.

Craig_M

Open Carry Forum July 29th

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?src=fftb#!/event.php?eid=122634031114838

State senator Jack Harper is sponsoring an open carry forum in a park in Glendale. The face book link above gives the details. it says concealed carry welcome.

July 29th is the date a new law goes into effect that prevents cities from banning firearms in a city park. We are having this celebration of liberty to hear from all candidates for public office in the area that support the Second Amendment. That should be every candidate. Open-carry or concealed-carry welcome.

Any sitting Governor, Sheriff, or Congressman that comes will receive 10 minutes and jump the line of candidates waiting.

Congressional and state-wide candidates will each have 10 minutes to speak starting at 6:00 pm. Legislative candidates will follow with five minutes each to speak. All State Senate candidates will go before State House candidates. Candidates for schoold boards will be announced and their web sites mentioned by the moderator.

I will be supplying water and ice cream for attendees. Other candidates are welcome to have volunteers pass out refreshments. I believe Glendale told me there can be no literature.

The park closes at sunset. Bring shade, sun screen, and water just in case.

For questions, post on my wall or message me.
Members of the media can reach me at 623-680-3530

Event paid for by Harper For Arizona