• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Arizona riding a motorcycle to make political statement

eye95

Please, tell us about yourself. Where are you from? Do you own a motorcycle? Do you plan on OCing on the motorcycle? What are your comments on doing so?

The sketchiness of the question in your very first post will bring out the suspicious nature in many who post here. Some might even use the T-word, seeing your question as some kind of set-up.

If you intention is to foster real discussion in support of the stated goals of this site, let me be the first to welcome you. If your intention is to stir up problems (it really is impossible to tell from your first post)...well, let's just hope it isn't.

cactus

LOL! eye95- anybody suspicious of what? This is an open forum, so every body should know not to reveal anything incriminating. (And what is the T-word?). Look, I'll clear this. No, I do not own a motorcycle, yet. And the political statement part of the title is the purpose of wanting to open carry while riding. I'm asking for comments because I have not seen anybody doing this. Some comments would be helpful to know what the issues might be OC on cruiser in Arizona. Why the political statement? My take on Arizona being in the news media lately is that state is being cast as the villain in this ACT4 of the NWO oligarch playbook. When states start nullifying unconstitutional federal usurping and calling it what it is, the counter attack was the standard divide and conquer. So now Arizona is in the cross fire about illegal immigration, is on the books as planning to nullify the Globama NAZI "health care" plan, is in the news about "no permit required" carry. How much you want to bet there are not covert operatives in oligarch pay in an advisory capacity backing the Mexican cartel moving North across the Arizona border. And shills in California agitating to boycott Arizona for the latest law making illegal immigrants in Arizona illegal(!)? Always a good time for political statements when the federal government is no longer legitimate, but especially now when every body and their grandmother knows it for sure. And what better place than to do so than in the Constitutional Republic of Arizona? Now, you notice none of this was in my question title to this thread, because none of it is really relevant or desired in a thread that should be just about open carry. So, is it OK now for comments about open carrying while riding a motorcycle in Arizona? Or to be more specific, what issues might there be doing so? If I'm on the freeway cruising in Arizona and cars originating from CA pass by with their dumb ass occupants, and they see open carry as a fact of life without people screaming in panic afraid they are going to be gunned down because (GASP!) someone has a gun, THAT can be construed as political statement.

gsx1138

LOL! eye95- anybody suspicious of what? This is an open forum, so every body should know not to reveal anything incriminating. (And what is the T-word?). Look, I'll clear this. No, I do not own a motorcycle, yet. And the political statement part of the title is the purpose of wanting to open carry while riding. I'm asking for comments because I have not seen anybody doing this. Some comments would be helpful to know what the issues might be OC on cruiser in Arizona. Why the political statement? My take on Arizona being in the news media lately is that state is being cast as the villain in this ACT4 of the NWO oligarch playbook. When states start nullifying unconstitutional federal usurping and calling it what it is, the counter attack was the standard divide and conquer. So now Arizona is in the cross fire about illegal immigration, is on the books as planning to nullify the Globama NAZI "health care" plan, is in the news about "no permit required" carry. How much you want to bet there are not covert operatives in oligarch pay in an advisory capacity backing the Mexican cartel moving North across the Arizona border. And shills in California agitating to boycott Arizona for the latest law making illegal immigrants in Arizona illegal(!)? Always a good time for political statements when the federal government is no longer legitimate, but especially now when every body and their grandmother knows it for sure. And what better place than to do so than in the Constitutional Republic of Arizona? Now, you notice none of this was in my question title to this thread, because none of it is really relevant or desired in a thread that should be just about open carry. So, is it OK now for comments about open carrying while riding a motorcycle in Arizona? Or to be more specific, what issues might there be doing so? If I'm on the freeway cruising in Arizona and cars originating from CA pass by with their dumb ass occupants, and they see open carry as a fact of life without people screaming in panic afraid they are going to be gunned down because (GASP!) someone has a gun, THAT can be construed as political statement.

I don't open carry for attention so I'm not sure I could help. However, there are more than a few in my State who OC while riding their Motorcycle's. Sounds like you may need to mellow a bit. As far as Arizona, you picked about the safest place in the U.S. to OC. That's like a gay dude coming out in San Francisco. It's just not that shocking.

Fallschirjmäger

I don't have any experience with motorcycle open carry while in Arizona, but when I used to ride a mountain bike there it wasn't uncommon for me to have an openly carried Glock on my hip whilst cycling. I noticed that Arizonan's were quite polite, many even crossed completely over to the opposite lane while they passed me pedaling slowly along. If anything they were more receptive and polite while I was OC than when I carried nothing at all; when I wasn't carrying I noticed drivers would often give much less room while they were passing. Go figure, huh?

I even had some ATV brackets on my front handlebars; the ones that were shaped like slingshots and had the rubber straps to snug things down. I even had a few pleasant conversations with Sierra Vista's finest on those days.

tcmech

I'm not sure about Arizona, but around Virginia Beach open carry on a motorcycle is no big deal. I usually have a glock in a serpa. I have noticed that no one wants to ride your fender when you are open carrying on a motorcycle.

1245A Defender

huh?

Any comments?

just what kind of political statement do you want to make??
it sounds like you should just get a sign, and nail it to a stick..
then you can carry that around so everybody can read it and know what you want to say!
riding a motorcycle (that you dont have) and carrying a gun (that i doubt you have)
doesnt clearly say much of anything..
if the intent of your political statement is that you want to be able to ride a motorcycle while carrying your firearm for self defense,
well then you can relax, you are ALLOWED to do that, BUT i dont think YOU are ABLE to do that!

Sonora Rebel

For some reason... I seem to be the only 'Zonie to reply (yet). If you plan to carry for a 'political statement'... forget it. Nobody will notice. We've openly carried guns here since territorial days. Get out on I-10 with traffic runnin 80mph and nobody's gonna notice (or care). If you're doing this for a "Hey... lookit me... I gotta gun..." Stay wherever you are or go grandstand someplace else.

Half Live

ATT001511.jpg

usnsubmarine

My motorcycle is my only form of transportation, I OC everywhere I go. The people who notice give me lots of space which I enjoy very much. Most of the time no one notices while on the road, sometimes I get a "Hey, what kinda bike? What kind of gun is that?" Occasionally I get a weird stare, and when I look they slow down like I'm going to pull out my sidearm and start shooting at their car. But honestly no one cares, ride.

Phoenix David

Cactus you may wish to stop doing what ever it is that is making you so paranoid. OC has been legal since the beginning of Arizona (I think) Generally speaking nobody is going to care.

It sounds more like you want to make a scene and attract attention to yourself. If that's the case have fun with that and let us know how that works out. OC is not political in Arizona.

You should however make sure that you understand Arizona laws with regards to firearms because based on my reading of your post you don't sound all that mature and will probably get in some trouble soon and lets hope that it's not the kind of trouble that lands you in jail or worse, as we generally are not to tolerant of idiots and firearms

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Open carry in Arizona riding a motorcycle to make political statement

Any comments?

Just one for now. Where do you call home?

Doubt that it is the Holiday Inn Express.

Posting your location to your profile has an effect on how people respond.

jay75009

i dont believe anyone would OC on a motorcycle for the direct intent of "political statement" i believe those who open carry on their chev-ro-legs , in their cars, or homes who own a motorcycle would also carry on it. Youtube it.......you will find videos of people doing so. none of which has an "agenda" or are trying to make a statement, they are just OCing while riding. heck i OC when on my john deer lawn tractor. because i could still get robbed while mowing my lawn ;-) just as you can get attacked on a motorcycle :p

JesseL

I've open carried on motorcycles numerous times and like Sonora Rebels says, it just isn't a big deal around here.

Heck, a few weeks ago a crossed town with my AR slung across my back. I went through downtown, past police officers and tourists, and I never saw a single funny look.

brokenbarrel

I've open carried on motorcycles numerous times and like Sonora Rebels says, it just isn't a big deal around here.

Heck, a few weeks ago a crossed town with my AR slung across my back. I went through downtown, past police officers and tourists, and I never saw a single funny look.

almost every week my wife and i see this guy we call terminator riding arround with a pistol grip pump slung on his back dont think much of it just there goes terminator-we call him that cause he wears all black all the time usualy a leather jacket even if your on a bike its just to hot for that

SlackwareRobert

Looks like the bike is OC'ing not the rider. I never though how bad it was for motor vehicles till now.
Needing to register themselves, and their guns. Oh the horror.
Sorry but that isn't making a statement, that is causing envy. Very nice 'saddle?'
Is the bullet hole from a cook off when you overheated the read break enjoying the open road, or a ND loading
while doing a wheely.

March Hare

To echo the other 'zonies here, what political statement would that be?
Open carry here has been legal forever.

About the only reaction you might get, if any, might be 'nice piece'.

Please be careful on the roads, I have a good friend in a wheelchair from a motorcycle accident and would hate to see you get hurt!