• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

quick oc encounter

jfrey123

FAIL!!!! I will stop oc'ing and stop posting because clearly I am a bad influence and do not represent the views of the community which consist of about 15 active members in Southern Nevada.
If acting natural is unacceptable then buh bye.

You know, I actually thought about this over the weekend, and I gotta say you were pretty much spot on in your reply. My job permits me to be on the various forums throughout my work day, and sometimes I get wrapped up a little too much in the overall forum vs where we actually live. You're right that OC is no big deal in Nevada, I did it before I ever found this forum and I'll do it well after I someday forget my password here.

The day I posted my slam on you I had been reading about how other restrictive other states are on the matter, which kind of leaves me in a fog. It's hard to imagine living somewhere that makes us gun owners feel like criminals, and for those states OC.org is trying to make OC into a positive gesture that should be welcomed by the community where they live.

Anyway, long post getting longer, I apologize for my out of place criticism. I personally wouldn't have screwed with the guy, but me getting butthurt at a fellow gun owner was inappropriate of me. The real issue is the anti's who need to leave our state, post haste.

merle

You know, I actually thought about this over the weekend, and I gotta say you were pretty much spot on in your reply. My job permits me to be on the various forums throughout my work day, and sometimes I get wrapped up a little too much in the overall forum vs where we actually live. You're right that OC is no big deal in Nevada, I did it before I ever found this forum and I'll do it well after I someday forget my password here.

The day I posted my slam on you I had been reading about how other restrictive other states are on the matter, which kind of leaves me in a fog. It's hard to imagine living somewhere that makes us gun owners feel like criminals, and for those states OC.org is trying to make OC into a positive gesture that should be welcomed by the community where they live.

Anyway, long post getting longer, I apologize for my out of place criticism. I personally wouldn't have screwed with the guy, but me getting butthurt at a fellow gun owner was inappropriate of me. The real issue is the anti's who need to leave our state, post haste.

Damn your adult replies! j/k

Honestly, this kind of stuff is why I'm liking OCDO more and more. Other "gun boards" have people who get really "butthurt" (haha) when confronted with OC issues especially in certain states to the west. We are all on the same side, we just have different opinions in a variety of subjects...

CCW vs OC
9mm vs .40 vs .45
Savage vs Remington
Chocolate vs Vanilla

I really enjoy the difference in opinions and the people who are open minded enough to step back, think and re-engage is critical.

We all have bad days, sometimes post w/o thinking and think we are right when we post. But the ability to come back and analyze what we have said AND continue the discussion... nice :)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I went shopping this weekend at Smith's with my family. They never have enough checkers these days so I did the self checkout thing. Well anyways after I finished, I start walking away when the computer tells me to "don't forget you receipt". I turn back to find a middle aged man staring at me. Like REALLY staring at me almost frozen in fear. I say to him "hey how's it going?" no response. Well I figure he is just another weirdo so I head out to my car. The same guy shows up as we are putting the groceries away and is now on his cell phone. I assume he is calling the cops. We wanted to test our theory out so we drove around the parking lot one. The whole time he watches us and we are all laughing. On our way out we passed him again and my little sisters started waving at him while saying hi. He took cover behind his truck because 16 and 20 year old blond girls who are students are SUPER SCARY!

So... He's so terrified of the MWAG, that he follows the MWAG around?

Gun-haters make no sense.