• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After McDonald, anti-gunners will push the limit

Dave Workman

Post-McDonald: Anti-gunners will push the limit

It hasn’t taken long for Chicago Mayor Richard Daley to make clear his intentions to push the limit on how the Windy City is going to respond now that the Supreme Court has essentially sounded the death knell for the city’s 28-year-old handgun ban....

...Chicago’s Corporation Counsel, Mara Georges, made it clear that the city is going to furiously fight to discourage as many of its citizens as possible.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...onald-Antigunners-clearly-will-push-the-limit

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/22ragqp

suntzu

I almost literally pissed my pants when I read this! Holy crap that's funny!!!

I would absolutely never want to live in that sewer called Chicago or anywhere else in Illinois. I dare say Daley has his armed security around him 24/7...what a huge hypocrite.

Last edited:

TFred

Regarding Lis Wiehl

I saw the segment myself. I'm not so sure that Lis Wiehl was arguing her own belief as much as she was trying to illustrate the point of view of the four dissenting justices. O'Reilly and Guilfoyle quickly dismissed that point, and rightly so, but in the ensuing dialog, while it appeared they were arguing with Weihl, it's not possible to know from the segment whether Wiehl agreed with the dissenting justices or was just trying finish her point on their view. (As often happens on O'Reilly's show, she had been cut off before completing her thought.)

You left off her first sentence in the dialog, which supplies the uncertainty (my emphasis added):

WIEHL: And the four that dissent, both in this case and in the case back in D.C., the Heller case, said, "Look, when they talk about in the Second Amendment, a well-regulated militia..."

If you have access to a recording of the segment, I would suggest watching it again, with an eye and ear toward this possibility. Again, I don't know her view, but at the time I watched it I did pick up that she was trying to contribute an understanding of the dissenting justices thoughts, enough to recall thinking that she hadn't actually stated her own view.

TFred

daddy4count

I wonder how much the city would save if the instead opted to subsidize weapons and training for adult citizens?

Arm the LAC's to deal with declining state funds for Police... I bet violent crime would drop by half...