• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best Holster to Conceal Sig 229

Bowers

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my 229, and what has been said is true: comfortable daily CC is not possible, IWB. It is, however, effective. And that overrides comfort any day, I say. I have both the crossbreed, but also an IWB magazine holster from Comtac, to get a feel for both brands. I like the metal clips of the Crossbreed, but the plastic ones on the Comptac do feel very sturdy. I like the sound the metal clips make when they snap into place though :) But holy cow, you think it's uncomfortable wearing a 229 IWB? wear a 229 AND a spare 229 mag IWB. That's uncomfortable. But you get used to it pretty quick.

Both of these two holsters would do the trick, however the 3+ week wait time of the crossbreed was kind of a drag. The comptac has a wait of around 3 days I believe. or less. Also, I was worried about not being able to adjust the tension of the crossbreed without using a hair dryer to form the Kydex, but it turned out that retention was really really tight, where I thought it would be loose. It was just about perfect, and I have no concerns with retetion. That's something to consider about the comptac though, is that there is a retention screw you can adjust, if you feel the need to have one.

that's a quick and dirty of the two that I looked at getting. Oh and both companies send a piece of candy in their packages when you get 'em.

Also, that's not where I wanted the smily face thing. but I can't change it? oh well.

Last edited:

CheeseHead

Comp Tac Minotaur IWB

I know it’s been a while since you’re original post, but thought I’d chime in anyway.

I have CC’ed my SIG229 in a Comp Tac Minotaur IWB with no issues – carried at 4 O’Clock, usually under a large untucked shirt with a t-shirt between my hip and the holster (I’m 5’ 10’ and 185lbs). It is a thick pistol and this IWB carry takes some getting used to (and some large pants) but the Minotaur holds the weapon securely, and is pretty comfortable. No additional fitting (i.e. hair driers) was required for the holster and I found the ability to adjust the holster for both ride height and cant to be very easy. I use the same holster for my Springfield XD sub-compact and it’s a much more comfortable ride.

I have used this IWB for OC also with my shirt tucked, but usually go with a Serpa or Galco leather when I OC. Peace!
CheeseHead

brewer3401

I'm only a year behind the last post.

I use a Galco King Tuck with the 229.

I was not thrilled about the forward angle, so I moved the rear clip so that the angle was less severe. I carry at 3 o'clock.

I find it very comfortable and have no problem with shirt out of pants.

I also use the same holster for the 232 (not a snug fit, but as long as i don't lay down or get upside down, it's fine)

232 in warm/hot weather, 229 in cool/cold.

The 229 is only 3/10th of an inch wider than the 232, so it does not feel all that different, with the exception of the WEIGHT. 13 rounds of .40 weighs quite a bit more than 8 rounds of .380 Plus the 229 weighs almost a pound more than the 223 (empty).

Sorcice

I love my super tuck. Use it whenever I know I am going somewhere I can't OC. My serpa cqc holds close to my body and works great for conceal with even a hoody though so IWB is not the only option. try a paddle serpa holster. they run 39-49 dollars and work amazingly.if your set on t-shirt weather CC then supertuck is the way to go. Both holsters used to conceal a full size beretta PX4 Storm. Not as fat as the sig but almost as heavy. and def same or longer height/width.

Last edited:

Maverick Lee

Opt-Out Members
Favorite Holster

I like the high ride Don Hume JIT belt slide type but i recently found what i've been searching for a long time for. The same as mentioned but with a strap and button snap. I don't care for thumb break types.

The heavy duty double stitch double hole gun belt was $8, the holster $25.

Attachments

• Holster 2.jpg
    Holster 2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 973
Last edited: