• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IMPORTANT: your conduct while OCing.

infidel4life

Out of simple curiosity, why should ones looks impede his rights to self defense? Everyone seems to think that you have to look pretty in order to carry a gun. Well, personally, i think thats BS. Even if someone looks like he "just got off the hobo train." he (or she for that matter) has a god given right to self defense. This topic has been discussed before, and it still annoys the hell outta me.

I was commenting on the news video and person whom presented themselves in a public speaking format. I think personal hygiene would be SOP as some have stated we are ambassadors of OC. Sorry if this bothers you but I do not want some bum looking OCer on news supposedly representing OC in general.

Last edited:

infidel4life

Last April I quit smoking, my health was poor, and I needed to do something about it. Badly. As a 2-3 pack a day smoker, I had gotten to the point where I couldnt get up the stairs. I started OCing around the trailer park for exercise, but the manager freaked out and put the kabash on that. So I thought of GLX. I had OCed there before and after the CPL, but once the suspension took effect, I had fewer places that I could go, so I "adopted" the mall. Its great exercise, sometimes I go because Im bored, I like to look at the girls, and it allowed me to do a lot of OC promo work there. It even led to MOC being able to do the OC seminars up there, which will now soon be a regularly scheduled event. I just hope MOC lets me participate in the future events.

Ouch 2-3 packs a day...Good to hear your on the right path now.

American Boy With a Gun

I was commenting on the news video and person whom presented themselves in a public speaking format. I think personal hygiene would be SOP as some have stated we are ambassadors of OC. Sorry if this bothers you but I do not want some smelly bum looking OCer on news supposedly representing OC in general.

Ahh, the news video, I see your point now. I dont completely agree with it, But I do understand where your coming from. Apologies for sort of coming off as an ass ;) :p

PS- Dammit doug!!, I just had to go back and capitalize every "I" in that post! lol

M

McX

i think they're pants are at their ankles because of the pockets full of illegal, concealed firearms pulling them down! maybe they could get undie holsters?

M

McX

i know guys, i choke on it too. see them saunter past the shop everyday. in a school zone no less. while i abide the law. that and wear a belt, and keep my pants on my hips like a gentleman should. damn kids these days!
i do take comfort in one thing; from what i hear, they're pants down style makes it hard for them to run from the police.

stainless1911

Banned
They also tent to have to constantly use their hands to hold up their pants too, which keeps their hands off of other peoples property.
What I dont like about it though, is it often makes them look like they are reaching for a weapon hidden IWB in the front.

M

McX

let's not forget the visual amusement of watching them struggle to walk down the street!

infidel4life

Well someone must have whined again in regards to my Post. Anyway , guys what you fail to realize is these kids usually have like 2 sometimes 3 pairs of pants on and there all falling down. Now for OCDO Get a clue , banning will do know good IP or other wise. My remarks were more then politically correct if I wanted to be a dick I would have said " These smelling hobo dressed people that can roll to the podium faster then they can walk? Honestly if you can roll down the street faster then you can walk you might want to seek help.. There , Now you have another reason to ban me...Gee's OCDO acts like people are paying for this forum. Is it or not a public forum? If OCDO staff did as much work dealing with the whiners and banning people they might actually do even more good...

PDinDetroit

Well someone must have whined again in regards to my Post. Anyway , guys what you fail to realize is these kids usually have like 2 sometimes 3 pairs of pants on and there all falling down. Now for OCDO Get a clue , banning will do know good IP or other wise. My remarks were more then politically correct if I wanted to be a dick I would have said " These smelling hobo dressed people that can roll to the podium faster then they can walk? Honestly if you can roll down the street faster then you can walk you might want to seek help.. There , Now you have another reason to ban me...Gee's OCDO acts like people are paying for this forum. Is it or not a public forum? If OCDO staff did as much work dealing with the whiners and banning people they might actually do even more good...

OCDO is not a "public forum" and posts/users can be removed and/or blocked at any time. There are some who have donated to OCDO, so in effect they have "paid" for the use of this forum. I haven't seen any of your posts that look like the violate the Forum Rules, but I am most definitely not a moderator. You do come across as "abrupt" and possibly a little harsh, which as a newer member people will stay away from discussing items with you.

OCDO forum rules - for your reference: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?34871-Basic-Rules-(UPDATED-March-2010)

Bronson

Is it or not a public forum?

Not. Definitely not.

If OCDO staff

What "staff"? OCDO is run and moderated by two guys who have lives, jobs, and other things to do. They've put this forum together for us out of a deep commitment to the cause and we are only here at their whim. They can ban anyone they want for any or no reason and, rightly so, there's squat anybody can do about.

It is THEIR house and THEY call the shots.

Bronson

B

Bikenut

Not. Definitely not.

What "staff"? OCDO is run and moderated by two guys who have lives, jobs, and other things to do. They've put this forum together for us out of a deep commitment to the cause and we are only here at their whim. They can ban anyone they want for any or no reason and, rightly so, there's squat anybody can do about.

It is THEIR house and THEY call the shots.

Bronson
Yeah, what he said! ↑

Master Control

so today i got a call from my friend who i take to maybe once a month, he lives in lake orion, and he is really really pro oc when we talk it's usually a main point of our conversation, which brings me to today's phone call.

My friend informed me he was at the great lakes crossing mall the other day, and saw another ocer! He was pretty excited about it at first, until he noticed the gentleman, in a drop leg holster (thigh rig) hunched forward in a pretty aggressive stance, almost snarling at people, my friend said "it was like he was challenging people to say something to him," it was really disturbing, i thought the guy was about to go on a shooting spree, he said.

So, my friend followed him for a while, thinking that he could be wrong, but he was definitely making a show about it, again, almost challenging people to say something to him, snarling.

While this is not illegal, i was absolutely disgusted when i heard this, it makes us all look like idiots, when you are out on the town, you are an ambassador of gun rights. Please, in the name of all that is good, try to handle yourself better than this. Especially if you frequent glc in a drop leg holster.

Again, the friend who told me this i trust with my life, he us very pro gun and pro open carry, even though he does not carry.

This post should go without saying, but for the love of god, use your head or leave your gun at home.

amen !!!

stainless1911

Banned
Some of the employees have expressed to me, their disgust with some OCers that have given them an attitude, and who were acting confrontational standoffish, and otherwise behaving in a manner as presented by the OP. The more I think about this situation, the less I believe it was me that your friend was referring to.

sprinklerguy28

It even led to MOC being able to do the OC seminars up there, which will now soon be a regularly scheduled event. I just hope MOC lets me participate in the future events.

I thought it was the relationship built with store management over the last few years by others that led Bass Pro management to help the mall in their decision to be OC friendly. Maybe it was the meetings that took place months before the Gun Primer weekend was ever announced publicly, or the countless phone calls with management and others at the Bass Pro corporate office. Then again maybe it was Bass Pro wanting the numbers MOC has attracted at their competitors doing OC seminars.

Stainless - to take credit for the hard work others have done is disrespectful to them, GLX, and Bass Pro.

stainless1911

Banned
I wasn't lying. I was unaware of your work in the past. What was clear to me, was that I found the seminar and posted it on OCDO, hoping that a few of us would show up in the audience. Then we wound up doing the seminar. If OC had been in the works as you said, then OC would have been part of the advertisements posted by Bass Pro. From my perspective, my posts are what led to us being allowed to do the OC part of the seminar. I in no way lied, or attempted to take credit for the work of others. Im sorry that there has been any confusion in this matter. I appreciate the work that you do, and the fact that you have contacted me about this issue. If you want to discuss this further, I am certainly open to the idea, and hope to work through this misunderstanding.