• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"look at me" - "look at me"

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Not sure what you were trying to say at all and the links do not work either.

No beer before posting!!! That or have more coffee before posting!

sohighlyunlikely

Massad Ayoob

I found these elsewhere, and what to hear some of you that think "He is GOD". Sounds like to me, he is not really for OC.

He starts talking about it at 5.32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1bSUAAEYEM

Part 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWcGQ...eature=related

Massad Ayoob is not an avenger for your civil rights. I'm not sure how you came to believe that that he is affiliated with OC. He makes most his revenue as a public speaker and book writer. In his public speaking he will tailor his opinion to the crowd to which he is speaking, that is why you may see variations in his opinion. He is an expert at the mechanics of the gunfight and the legal ramifications of your actions when and how you got into one. The most important thing to remember he is also a LEO. That you may want to remember in regards to what his true opinion on OC might be.

Doc

Superlite27

+1 ^

What he said. I agree 100%. Pretty accurate analysis Doc. You seem to be a very astute observer of the views, opinions, and actions of Massad Ayoob. Maybe, enough to be considered an expert on him?

Wouldn't this make you an expert on...an expert?

There Yuppie! Take that! Who's better than an expert? AN EXPERT EXPERT!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Wow Super, hanging an Officer out to dry like that? :p

Ayoob = A-boob

Actually though, in listening to it the second time, it sounded like he was on a bit of a fishing trip to see which way the tide was flowing and probably took significant interest in the comments the show drew following it.

While he has been and still will be used as a professional witness, he has also shown on more than one occasion to demonstrate the bad science of "Because I the foremost authority says so" when his conclusions were less than accurate.

I wonder what his attitude is now on OC since that was a year old wasn't it? As times change people evolve, especially ones in political positions such as Ayoob. If he thinks OC becomes a very strong trend you will see him speak pro of it, tis only a matter of timing and if he thinks he can get paid for training on it. He might enjoy the checks of departments in "how not to get sued" training for their officers etc.

kwikrnu

Banned
Ayoob isn't a big supporter of open carry. 3:07 part 2 "I personally believe in the open carry laws for at least two reasons," then goes on to explain forgetting coats and accidently revealing a handgun the length of application process for concealed permit. "For those two reasons alone I do support open carry legislation, I just think it needs to be used really really sparingly."

YuppieDog

Big Spoon - Stirring the pot - Wasn't much on here to argue about.

I know a lot of people (on here and in real life) that make their gun, and carry decisions based on the "bible" of books he writes. I just wanted to burst their bubble, and show he wasn't really in favor of OC, and making fun of the OC ers by calling them "look at me" kind of people.

I think he is a retired LEO, a gun expert, and "professional wanna be lawyer".

cshoff

Ayoob either pioneered or helped develop many of the modern defensive handgun tactics and techniques that dominate law enforcement, special weapons and tactics teams, military, and even some competitive circles today. He has always looked for ways to make fighting with a gun more efficient, more effective, and more conducive to performing under stress, and he's done quite well with it.

Having said that, it's not realistic to think that his opinions on every gun related issue will be congruent with everyone who frequents this forum. I doubt there is anyone here who would turn down a chance to train under his watchful eye; I know I sure as heck wouldn't, regardless of his personal opinions on OC. YMMV.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Ayoob either pioneered or helped develop many of the modern defensive handgun tactics and techniques that dominate law enforcement, special weapons and tactics teams, military, and even some competitive circles today. He has always looked for ways to make fighting with a gun more efficient, more effective, and more conducive to performing under stress, and he's done quite well with it.

Having said that, it's not realistic to think that his opinions on every gun related issue will be congruent with everyone who frequents this forum. I doubt there is anyone here who would turn down a chance to train under his watchful eye; I know I sure as heck wouldn't, regardless of his personal opinions on OC. YMMV.

I agree with you on his credentials as a trainer, he is certainly top shelf. I have also see his comments that were borderline anti-civilian ownership.

He also is known to slant evidence to fit his conclusions which by definition as a professional witness I am sure that is some what par for the course, but as a scientist of sorts it does not sit remarkably well with me.

peterarthur

Clear

Massad states quite clearly in Part 2 that he is for OC but that he feels that CC is a better overall choice just because it upsets fewer people. He wants both so that CC's who inadvertently OC won't get in trouble. At least according to this video.

Looking for more info now... :)