Thread: A Second Amendment encounter on Portland streets

A Second Amendment encounter on Portland streets

Accomplished Advocate
    not so good. But, it's only the Portland Daily Sun... we will show people the truth through our ever-vigilant pursuit of our rights. We will also show them that we are simply typical everyday Americans that realize we have a right, a duty to protect and defend ourselves!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Under the Color of Law, they detain and harass - the good man needs a recorder and the LEOs need some reeducating. Everything in due course.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Under the Color of Law, they detain and harass - the good man needs a recorder and the LEOs need some reeducating. Everything in due course.
    he has a recorder, it's all recorded and documented.

The reporter compares this person who is lawfully OC to himself, who tampers with evidence?

A few months back, I showed up on the scene of a particular event in Portland, and saw something there that was out of place. After picking it up and checking it out for a minute, I set it down carefully, and proceeded to check out the scene. Going back to that area later, I saw a Portland officer standing over what i had touched. After explaining to him that i had already handled the potential evidence, that officer gave me a stare. "My supervisor is right over there. Why don't you get the ____ out of here before I have to ask you what your name is."
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by shanebelanger View Post
    he has a recorder, it's all recorded and documented.

PM sent.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

it was me that was detained. I have a recording that I've sent to Shane. I've so far sent 3 recordings from Portland PD and one from OOB PD.

On a brighter note, Shane and I spent about 5 hours in OOB today OCing without incident. Many questions from the public, but most seemed positive.

The public doesn't get it, should worry about the gun they don't see. Criminals don't walk around with holstered gun on there hip. Seems though Off duty police officer should know this and not be concerned enough to call in.

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    it was me that was detained. I have a recording that I've sent to Shane. I've so far sent 3 recordings from Portland PD and one from OOB PD.

On a brighter note, Shane and I spent about 5 hours in OOB today OCing without incident. Many questions from the public, but most seemed positive.
    Sorry you are having the problem(s) - you might want to accelerate their learning curve.

Options/considerations:

1) Have a face to face conversation with the Chief regarding harassment and training.

2) File official complaint - should cause investigation and letters in file of officers.

3) Possible violations of professional standards and civil rights violations - 4th Amend. and 1983.

Do they also profile in any other way besides citizen doing nothing illegal (no RAS) and carrying a defensive tool legally?

Banned
    "I do agree that Mr Hamann has the right to openly carry his gun. I just wonder if he has the common sense to take a hint?"

taken from the article

What is boyscout supposed to do? Take a "hint" and succumb to the illegal tactics used by the PPD?