• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Second Amendment encounter on Portland streets

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Under the Color of Law, they detain and harass - the good man needs a recorder and the LEOs need some reeducating. Everything in due course.

wrightme

The reporter compares this person who is lawfully OC to himself, who tampers with evidence?

A few months back, I showed up on the scene of a particular event in Portland, and saw something there that was out of place. After picking it up and checking it out for a minute, I set it down carefully, and proceeded to check out the scene. Going back to that area later, I saw a Portland officer standing over what i had touched. After explaining to him that i had already handled the potential evidence, that officer gave me a stare. "My supervisor is right over there. Why don't you get the ____ out of here before I have to ask you what your name is."

boyscout399

it was me that was detained. I have a recording that I've sent to Shane. I've so far sent 3 recordings from Portland PD and one from OOB PD.

On a brighter note, Shane and I spent about 5 hours in OOB today OCing without incident. Many questions from the public, but most seemed positive.

jonjon_jon

The public doesn't get it, should worry about the gun they don't see. Criminals don't walk around with holstered gun on there hip. Seems though Off duty police officer should know this and not be concerned enough to call in.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
it was me that was detained. I have a recording that I've sent to Shane. I've so far sent 3 recordings from Portland PD and one from OOB PD.

On a brighter note, Shane and I spent about 5 hours in OOB today OCing without incident. Many questions from the public, but most seemed positive.

Sorry you are having the problem(s) - you might want to accelerate their learning curve.

Options/considerations:

1) Have a face to face conversation with the Chief regarding harassment and training.

2) File official complaint - should cause investigation and letters in file of officers.

3) Possible violations of professional standards and civil rights violations - 4th Amend. and 1983.

Do they also profile in any other way besides citizen doing nothing illegal (no RAS) and carrying a defensive tool legally? :banghead:

kwikrnu

Banned
"I do agree that Mr Hamann has the right to openly carry his gun. I just wonder if he has the common sense to take a hint?"

taken from the article

What is boyscout supposed to do? Take a "hint" and succumb to the illegal tactics used by the PPD?