Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Recruiting: OpenCarry.org Pierce County Adopt A Street Program

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, WA 98439
    Posts
    51

    Recruiting: OpenCarry.org Pierce County Adopt A Street Program

    I was recently given permission from John P. to start this up under these 2 conditions

    1) None of the members who help should represent themselves as
    spokespersons for the organization but just as members.

    2) All members who help remember they are ambassadors for open carry.
    Now I figured what a good way to show how "NOT SCARY" we can be and show our civic pride..

    I will only do this if I can get enough people to join up.. Im thinking we need at least 10 people who are willing to commit around 2-4 hours once everything 3-4 months.

    The sign will Say OpenCarry.org if allowed, if not I will ask John for his opinion on what it should read.
    Last edited by spikedzombies; 07-01-2010 at 04:42 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001
    You realize the thread title says "OpenCarry.Com" rather than "OpenCarry.Org" right?

    I'd definitely be willing to help out!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, WA 98439
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by G22Paddy View Post
    You realize the thread title says "OpenCarry.Com" rather than "OpenCarry.Org" right?

    I'd definitely be willing to help out!
    didnt realize it till after I did it and yeah I changed it as you can see inside the thread. *sigh* never do pay attention to that kind of crap.

    alright we got 1 volunteer.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513
    I have the time and it's more than worth the effort, but what exactly is it? I need some details on what is expected and the plan. I just realised it's not my county, but I would still like to know. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    I would be more than willing to help out pick up some trash on the side of the road every few months. (as long as I get to be the guy driving the safety vehicle) lol j/k

  6. #6
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735
    Administrator to the rescue!


    John

    Quote Originally Posted by G22Paddy View Post
    You realize the thread title says "OpenCarry.Com" rather than "OpenCarry.Org" right?

    I'd definitely be willing to help out!

  7. #7
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    Opencarry.com or opencarry.org - still gets you to OpenCarry.....

    Folks,
    Currently Washington Open Carry Members support a section of I-5 thru Fife. Due to the construction of the HOV lanes we are unable to pick up litter at this time but are getting credit for the area. there is still about 6-8 months of highway work before we are allowed to resume picking up trash. I'm all for having OCDO signs in as many places as possible, if you need any help in coordination or information let me know.

    pics:



  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    maybe we just didnt wanna be part of M1's little gestapo crew! lmfao!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    19
    Sure thing tell me when and where and ill be there.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, WA 98439
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryk45XD View Post
    I have the time and it's more than worth the effort, but what exactly is it? I need some details on what is expected and the plan. I just realised it's not my county, but I would still like to know. Thanks.
    Well Pierce County is down in Tacoma, Puyallup, Lakewood and such and isnt that far from anyone . All we do is a few times a year go out as a work crew and pick up trash on the side of county owned roads. Saves the county A LOT of money doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by devildoc5 View Post
    I would be more than willing to help out pick up some trash on the side of the road every few months. (as long as I get to be the guy driving the safety vehicle) lol j/k
    I think if we borrow the ARMED CREW sign everyone would be safe lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    Administrator to the rescue!


    John
    Thanks John

    Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    Opencarry.com or opencarry.org - still gets you to OpenCarry.....

    Folks,
    Currently Washington Open Carry Members support a section of I-5 thru Fife. Due to the construction of the HOV lanes we are unable to pick up litter at this time but are getting credit for the area. there is still about 6-8 months of highway work before we are allowed to resume picking up trash. I'm all for having OCDO signs in as many places as possible, if you need any help in coordination or information let me know.
    Did not know that. Its great to know im not the only person thinking of this stuff. If i Find we need any help ill pm you. But im almost sure we will be "borrowing" that sign of yours lol

    There's actually a VERY well traveled street that needs a work crew a few blocks from my house. It gets truckers, military, police, cross highway traffic and such... at least a few thousand cars a day, but stays relatively clean

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownC6 View Post
    Sure thing tell me when and where and ill be there.
    Ill start getting things rolling and ill link everyone to the paperwork required and such.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    178
    id be happy to help on either crews as long as im available.

    -matt

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by spikedzombies View Post

    I think if we borrow the ARMED CREW sign everyone would be safe lol.
    I meant the chase vehicle with the sign attached...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •