• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recruiting: OpenCarry.org Pierce County Adopt A Street Program

spikedzombies

I was recently given permission from John P. to start this up under these 2 conditions

1) None of the members who help should represent themselves as
spokespersons for the organization but just as members.

2) All members who help remember they are ambassadors for open carry.
Now I figured what a good way to show how "NOT SCARY" we can be and show our civic pride..

I will only do this if I can get enough people to join up.. Im thinking we need at least 10 people who are willing to commit around 2-4 hours once everything 3-4 months.

The sign will Say OpenCarry.org if allowed, if not I will ask John for his opinion on what it should read.

Last edited:

.45ACPaddy

You realize the thread title says "OpenCarry.Com" rather than "OpenCarry.Org" right? :p

I'd definitely be willing to help out!

spikedzombies

You realize the thread title says "OpenCarry.Com" rather than "OpenCarry.Org" right? :p

I'd definitely be willing to help out!

didnt realize it till after I did it and yeah I changed it as you can see inside the thread. *sigh* never do pay attention to that kind of crap.

alright we got 1 volunteer.

Aryk45XD

I have the time and it's more than worth the effort, but what exactly is it? I need some details on what is expected and the plan. I just realised it's not my county, but I would still like to know. Thanks.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Opencarry.com or opencarry.org - still gets you to OpenCarry.....

Folks,
Currently Washington Open Carry Members support a section of I-5 thru Fife. Due to the construction of the HOV lanes we are unable to pick up litter at this time but are getting credit for the area. there is still about 6-8 months of highway work before we are allowed to resume picking up trash. I'm all for having OCDO signs in as many places as possible, if you need any help in coordination or information let me know.

pics:
aah-ocdo.jpg

armed3.jpg

spikedzombies

I have the time and it's more than worth the effort, but what exactly is it? I need some details on what is expected and the plan. I just realised it's not my county, but I would still like to know. Thanks.

Well Pierce County is down in Tacoma, Puyallup, Lakewood and such and isnt that far from anyone :) . All we do is a few times a year go out as a work crew and pick up trash on the side of county owned roads. Saves the county A LOT of money doing it.

I would be more than willing to help out pick up some trash on the side of the road every few months. (as long as I get to be the guy driving the safety vehicle) lol j/k

I think if we borrow the ARMED CREW sign everyone would be safe lol.

Administrator to the rescue! :)

John

Thanks John

Opencarry.com or opencarry.org - still gets you to OpenCarry.....

Folks,
Currently Washington Open Carry Members support a section of I-5 thru Fife. Due to the construction of the HOV lanes we are unable to pick up litter at this time but are getting credit for the area. there is still about 6-8 months of highway work before we are allowed to resume picking up trash. I'm all for having OCDO signs in as many places as possible, if you need any help in coordination or information let me know.

Did not know that. Its great to know im not the only person thinking of this stuff. If i Find we need any help ill pm you. But im almost sure we will be "borrowing" that sign of yours lol

There's actually a VERY well traveled street that needs a work crew a few blocks from my house. It gets truckers, military, police, cross highway traffic and such... at least a few thousand cars a day, but stays relatively clean :cool:

Sure thing tell me when and where and ill be there. :)

Ill start getting things rolling and ill link everyone to the paperwork required and such.