• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Caribou Coffee OC friendly

AdamXD

After the Starbucks policy change, I wrote Caribou Coffee an email inquiring about the firearm policy. I frequent Caribou, mainly because my girlfriend works there, so I got curious. After looking through the in-store Standard Operating Procedure Handbook (its surprising large for a coffee shop), as well as the training manual my girlfriend has at home, I could find no policy or even a reference to "unacceptable behavior." Their response came back earlier today.

"Adam,

Thank you very much for your email and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We currently follow all state laws regarding firearms in store locations.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Lisa
Caribou Coffee Customer Relations"

Carry on!

M

McX

caribou coffee you say......oc friendly you say......one in racine i notice, and read a review, better staff, down to earth, overstuffed chairs............going to have to investigate this one locally for the next open carry coffee meet for racine!

Mlutz

Why did you even bother to ask? If they do not have a sign saying, "no" then they allow it...

Jason in WI

caribou coffee you say......oc friendly you say......one in racine i notice, and read a review, better staff, down to earth, overstuffed chairs............going to have to investigate this one locally for the next open carry coffee meet for racine!

Hmmm; If I remember correctly Adam was looking for a way expose his girlfriend to law-abiding open carriers, we could swing up his way and kill two birds with one stone :p:lol:.

Also I keep forgetting McX but A while back I was returning from the Dells and stopped at a Five Guys burger place in Delafield by 94 and 83 and noticed it was in the same building as a Starbucks, both had nice outdoor areas and the burgers were great. I didn't have my sidearm with me so I don't know if Five Guys is open friendly but, I read some guys in Raleigh,NC have meetings there. Might be someplace to think about for one of our future outings.

AdamXD

Why did you even bother to ask? If they do not have a sign saying, "no" then they allow it...

I asked because I was curious. I'm a very curious person. I also asked so that I know for a fact that I am allowed. So if a disagreement arises between an employee, store manager, LEO or what have you, I can say that because I am a paying customer, I have permission to be on the property.

All in all, its another safe haven for us OCers. I'll go ahead and file that one away in the old head.