• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Budokan!

erb

I found a bottle of Budokan pepper spray.
It says it contains 2% 2M SHU Oleoresin Capsicum.

I remember trying this out a couple years ago when I first found it.

I sprayed in the bathtub at my mom's house. LOL....
It sprays out at 10-12ft. I was 3-4 ft from the bathtub. You can imagine when I sprayed, it ran along the tub walls, up and back fired! LMAO! I had to run outside!
I remember my face being red and my arms. I wanted to just take a shower - :lol:
It took several hours before I got the spicey burn smell out of the house. Luckily I got the stain off of the tub!

My lungs reacted to the smell so bad, it hurt to breath for at least an hour.

I would love to hit someone with this that I really do not like.

MarlboroLts5150

In the Navy, I took a non-lethal defense course to get certified to use OC spray. We have to get sprayed with it so we would know personally how it feels, so we can still do our jobs.

It SUCKED!!!

But at least I know what to expect if I'm ever exposed to it again.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
2% is really low.

Good to know!

Actually, 2% is neither high nor low, until you know what 2% is of.

A fairly decent basic discussion is here: http://www.zarc.com/english/other_sprays/oc_strength/oc_concentration.html -- warning -- that is an ad ffrom one particular manufacturer, they do have an ax to grind.

It takes using some math that many of us forgot since high school algebra to set up the comparison equations, but if you know the percentage of OC and the SHU rating you can get a number that you can use to compare against other brands/formulations.

stay safe.

Alexcabbie

Spray and pray?

I found a bottle of Budokan pepper spray.
It says it contains 2% 2M SHU Oleoresin Capsicum.

I remember trying this out a couple years ago when I first found it.

I sprayed in the bathtub at my mom's house. LOL....

At your mom's house?
You are an adult, yes?
Well, pepper spray can be a very effective "less than lethal" alternative. I carry it in the cab. I never heard of the "Budokan" brand ("Budokan" is Japanese for "way of the warrior"). I had to use the stuff on a guy who was high on alcohol and heroin a few years back - not in the cab, he was trespassing on property I had been hired to protect and attacked me with a piece of rebar when I ordered him to leave - and even though he kept coming after the first application (he forced his eye open to see where I was standing and then blindly ran at me swinging the bar) the second application, sprayed into his mouth as he was drawing a breath, put him down on the ground, helpless as a baby
Still, I wouldn't bring pepper spray to a gunfight.....