• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

so...good enough predatory/feral animals?

lil_freak_66

headin up near manistique for the weekend...

should my 870 be adequate for any type of defense against any predatory or feral animal?

16 ga. and i got solid slugs,varying sizes of birdshot,and hollow points,its a no brainer that ill keep the solid slugs loaded.

also can get ahold of the mosin,but i dont know if jays will have any 7.62x54R,and i can only fire that 1/4 as fast as the 870 at very best.

Bailenforcer

from up here...

The 870 will stop anything in Michigan..

I have taken many Deer, bear and other animals with shot guns. Double 00 buck does a great job on anything as well, and slugs pretty much can stop anything including any animals driving cars...

headin up near manistique for the weekend...

should my 870 be adequate for any type of defense against any predatory or feral animal?

16 ga. and i got solid slugs,varying sizes of birdshot,and hollow points,its a no brainer that ill keep the solid slugs loaded.

also can get ahold of the mosin,but i dont know if jays will have any 7.62x54R,and i can only fire that 1/4 as fast as the 870 at very best.