• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

why all the confusion on OC in a vehicle?

feeldasteel

Same side guys.

Well, One thing that we all need to remember here, is that we are all on the same side. I am sure that almost every person who open carries their firearm is a responsible person. OC is just a trait of that kind of person. Most criminals are gonna have their firearm hidden (that doesnt mean everyone with a hidden firearm is a criminal). The reason we open carry is because we feel a need to protect ourselves and our families from the bad guys. Police officers are here to protect you and your family from the bad guy too. We are all here in this state, making a conscious effort to make it a better, and safer place to live. For some it is a personal choice, for others it is a personal choice AND a job. I dont know about you, but If I were an officer and walked up on a vehicle with a gun on the dash, I would be very cautious. I would not run the gun , but I would pay attention to the details of the persons background when I went back to write the ticket or warning or whatever. Its easy to forget that these guys asses are on the line every time they put on a badge. I think we should give em a little slack. I think that would help the cause more than damage it. OCers and police officers working together instead of against each other seems like a great idea to me! So lets work towards that guys instead of being so critical of eachother.