• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newcastle Police over stepping their authority - Calls needed!!!

Machoduck

Great minds think alike

Huck, it sounds like we're looking at this in a similar fashion. This is how I commented in the Examiner:

"Like everyone else, except for those with secret knowledge, I have to go by the text of the newspaper article. If the investigating officer did indeed knock on the door, at any volume, and then disappear from sight, he's behaving like a ghetto thug, not a policeman. Tactics like that are characteristic of home invasions.

Were that to happen at my house, I would treat it as exactly that, a prelude to home invasion, with a call to 911 and preparation to fire magnum rifle rounds through the door if attempts were made to batter it down.

Glen Beck, and others, say that violence is not the answer, meaning that we should not start things because things will certainly go in unintended directions. I agree. What Beck doesn't talk about is the government starting violence.

Don't misunderstand me. What happened in Newcastle is small peanuts. It should be investigated and dealt with accordingly, so that these things don't become large peanuts.

MD "

All we have to go on is the article. Most of the people in OCDO that I've met would recognize this fact and would modify their opinions when a sensible reason comes along to do so. Some posters seem to be taking it as an article of faith that the police could not possibly be guilty of such behavior. It appears to happen with alarming frequency elsewhere in the country; why not Wyoming?

MD

AB

Why do you not answer the questions, but instead point a finger and then run away.

I didn't know I had any obligation to lick your boots...you have no reason to discredit the victim in the report, the police will do their best to do that.

Obviously you aren't here to further the cause, you must have some other agenda. What ever this agenda may be, I hope you find happiness with it.

As far as myself, I will continue to work for gains in the state of Wyoming, since I can point to evidence of such gains, I hardly think you have any credibility while slamming me or my work.

If you continue to do so, myself and others on the forum can only assume you work for the enemies of liberty.

Unlike you, my battles are fought with legitimacy and exposed with my true agenda and identity.

Anthony Bouchard

Last edited:

MamaLiberty

The really sad thing is to see any hint that our peace officers are starting to become "cops."

Mjolnir, your "only one" attitude is a prime example of the "cops." You seem to feel that your life and safety is all that matters and that everyone else is automatically a criminal and a threat.

If you are so afraid of us mundanes, I would suggest that you look into a different line of work. You might consider truck or taxi driving, or perhaps convenience store clerk. Oh wait... those are all jobs statistically proven to be FAR more dangerous than any sort of police work. And much more poorly paid.

You might actually look into what it takes to become a true Peace Officer. But you'd have to lose the attitude.

Mjolnir

I didn't know I had any obligation to lick your boots...you have no reason to discredit the victim in the report, the police will do their best to do that.

Obviously you aren't here to further the cause, you must have some other agenda. What ever this agenda may be, I hope you find happiness with it.

As far as myself, I will continue to work for gains in the state of Wyoming, since I can point to evidence of such gains, I hardly think you have any credibility while slamming me or my work.

If you continue to do so, myself and others on the forum can only assume you work for the enemies of liberty.

Unlike you, my battles are fought with legitimacy and exposed with my true agenda and identity.

Anthony Bouchard

Yep, attack the poster and not the message, one must always discredit the person when one can not argue/debate the logic and points the other person is addressing.

So feel free to attack me instead of addressing the issues we both know all it does is discredits you and what you put in print.

Oh and AB

How does the article on page 3 of today's Cheyenne newspaper "work for gains in the state of Wyoming"

In the article AB is quoted as saying something to the effect that taxes should not be collected or paid on firearms due to the 2nd amendment and that nobody should pay sales tax at a gun show.

That article made all gun owners look extremely bad.

Mjolnir

The really sad thing is to see any hint that our peace officers are starting to become "cops."

Mjolnir, your "only one" attitude is a prime example of the "cops." You seem to feel that your life and safety is all that matters and that everyone else is automatically a criminal and a threat.

If you are so afraid of us mundanes, I would suggest that you look into a different line of work. You might consider truck or taxi driving, or perhaps convenience store clerk. Oh wait... those are all jobs statistically proven to be FAR more dangerous than any sort of police work. And much more poorly paid.

You might actually look into what it takes to become a true Peace Officer. But you'd have to lose the attitude.

My only one attitude is to take care of myself and my loved ones & by doing the right thing so not only do I live, my family lives and the dogs are not harmed by LEO's kicking down my door at 0100

For the record I am not a LEO and never claimed to be one. How about you, why don't you go to Douglas and get your POST certification and learn about what you do not know but think you know or are you afraid of what you will learn.

Who is "afraid" of "us mundanes" nothing to be afraid of but some people are more like truthers and 911 conspiracy freaks than productive members of society.

Huck

So you are taking the word of a "reporter" who is playing with your emotions and refusing to answer questions on what happened.

How do you know what happened, weer you there, or did you talk to somebody who was there as AB's article sure does not say what happened all it does is play on your emotions and get's you all upset at "the man"

Mjolnir, you didnt answer my questions, why dont I find that surprising? BTW, the article posted by AB does say what happened. Obviously, Mr. amd Mrs. Schlup know what happened, they were there. I was'nt and neither were you. So I'll go by what the Shlups say happened.

Mjolnir

Answer this Mjolnir. Officer Locke knocks on the door of a residence. Why didnt he stay at the door to talk to the resident? That's what he was there to do was'nt it?

IMHO, when someone knocks on a door and then moves out of sight of the door that qualifies as suspicious behavior. If a citizen had done so what would you think of that action then?

I also wonder what would've happened had Mrs. Schlup not been present to witness the incident.

Did not see your question but now I will answer it from a non LEO's point of view.

I am dispatched to your home at 0100 for a barking dog complaint.

I do not know anything about you except I will be knocking on your door at 0100 do not know if you do meth, coke, pot or are a drunk laying on the floor in your own puke.

I knock and step to the side of the door while announcing loudly POLICE.

Do this time and time again, looking in your windows to see if I can see anybody. Are you alive, need help what is your medical condition if you are even at home, or did you go out to a party and leave the dog outside barking.

Knock again stepping to the side of the door after yelling POLICE.

I would not stand in front of the door, to many people have guns if you are a felon or somebody else hiding behind the door not wanting to see me and my police uniform/badge

I will go home at the end of my shift alive. Standing in front of the door at 0100 is a bad tactical mistake, especially not knowing anything about you.

Does this answer your question???

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
I will go home at the end of my shift alive. Standing in front of the door at 0100 is a bad tactical mistake, especially not knowing anything about you.

I see this statement all too often from cops and cop worshippers. do you think cops are better than us civilians? Are cops higher class citizens than us? what makes you think that your life as a cop is any more or less valuable than mine in my own home? Do I not have the right to stay alive at all costs in my own home or on my own property?

Mjolnir

I see this statement all too often from cops and cop worshippers. do you think cops are better than us civilians? Are cops higher class citizens than us? what makes you think that your life as a cop is any more or less valuable than mine in my own home? Do I not have the right to stay alive at all costs in my own home or on my own property?

Cops ARE civilians and anybody who thinks otherwise is full of horse manure.

Sure sounds like you have a axe to grind with cops and hate cops and are looking for any excuse to hate on cops.

Are all cops good, no question about it not at all good & on the flip side not all cops are bad.

AB

Yep, attack the poster and not the message, one must always discredit the person when one can not argue/debate the logic and points the other person is addressing.

So feel free to attack me instead of addressing the issues we both know all it does is discredits you and what you put in print.

Oh and AB

How does the article on page 3 of today's Cheyenne newspaper "work for gains in the state of Wyoming"

In the article AB is quoted as saying something to the effect that taxes should not be collected or paid on firearms due to the 2nd amendment and that nobody should pay sales tax at a gun show.

That article made all gun owners look extremely bad.

Like usual you only believe the writer when it is in your favor, this was about private sales only, but you go ahead and further your cause...so you think.

AB

Did not see your question but now I will answer it from a non LEO's point of view.

I do not know anything about you except....STOP RIGHT HERE***

IN THIS CASE THE POLICE KNEW WHO HE WAS and the police report verifies it.

As a matter of fact the even the Sheriffs Officers know him and stood with him at a second amendment rally that the city officials didn't want him to have.

But again Mjolnir is a fricken expert because he knows better...sounds like a government man. Let's make criminals out of all citizens so we can justify our job, is that how it is?

Huck

I do not know anything about you except I will be knocking on your door at 0100 do not know if you do meth, coke, pot or are a drunk laying on the floor in your own puke.

I knock and step to the side of the door while announcing loudly POLICE.

Do this time and time again, looking in your windows to see if I can see anybody. Are you alive, need help what is your medical condition if you are even at home, or did you go out to a party and leave the dog outside barking.

Knock again stepping to the side of the door after yelling POLICE.

I would not stand in front of the door, to many people have guns if you are a felon or somebody else hiding behind the door not wanting to see me and my police uniform/badge

So your outlook is that anytime there's a LEO call to a residence the occupants MUST be lowlives. Sounds like a case of projection to me. BTW, if you peep into MY window at 0100 I'll be calling the cops about a peeping tom. And, cop or not, I WILL press charges.

Mjolnir

So your outlook is that anytime there's a LEO call to a residence the occupants MUST be lowlives. Sounds like a case of projection to me. BTW, if you peep into MY window at 0100 I'll be calling the cops about a peeping tom. And, cop or not, I WILL press charges.

Good luck with that

Mjolnir

Well I guess this says it all...

Basic Information About Mjolnir
Location , , USA Occupation animal rights activist

Again you attack the poster and not the message, shows how shallow and what a agenda you have.

Oh and if you were smart enough to realize you would know that is what happened when the board was upgraded, but once again it's feelings and smoke over facts for you.

Mjolnir

IN THIS CASE THE POLICE KNEW WHO HE WAS and the police report verifies it.

As a matter of fact the even the Sheriffs Officers know him and stood with him at a second amendment rally that the city officials didn't want him to have.

But again Mjolnir is a fricken expert because he knows better...sounds like a government man. Let's make criminals out of all citizens so we can justify our job, is that how it is?

If you say so bu then again your credibility as a reporter is zero and now you are cussing me out, real professional...

If you have said police report why did you not quote it in the original article instead of going with emotional and fear based reporting.

But nobody expects you to answer this as you refuse to answer the above questions and instead attack me trying to change the subject so you and your writings are not held accountable.

Mjolnir

Like usual you only believe the writer when it is in your favor, this was about private sales only, but you go ahead and further your cause...so you think.

So you want us to think when YOU write a emotional article that is loosely based on facts that's published on the web and not even published in the Cheyenne paper to believe you but when a article is published in the Cheyenne paper we should ignore that article and what you are reported to having said over what you tell us you really said.

Did you even read the article.

If I had a scanner I would post it here for everybody to read.

AB

So you want us to think when YOU write a emotional article that is loosely based on facts that's published on the web and not even published in the Cheyenne paper to believe you but when a article is published in the Cheyenne paper we should ignore that article and what you are reported to having said over what you tell us you really said.

Did you even read the article.

If I had a scanner I would post it here for everybody to read.

The Casper-Star is operating as a political entity putting out rhetoric appealing to the sheeple...
Funny, you would think I was running for office.
Of course they took me out of context, I said all legitimate businesses should do what they normally do, but private sales should be exempt. Nice of the to leave that out, huh?
Of course I did say as a...philisophical statement "rights shouldn't be taxed"...
What most people don't know is that gun and ammo companies are lining the government coffers between excise taxes and other taxes paid under the Pittman-Robertson Act. Of course to get the money for the state under this act you have to do what the feds mandate...more bribes to take mandates.

But again you don't want honest discussion here do you? All about your agenda

Firearms and Ammo Excise Tax--
10% on Handguns
11% on Rifles and Ammo

Last edited:

Mjolnir

The examiner and it's "reporters" has about as much credibility as the national enquirer

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The examiner and it's "reporters" has about as much credibility as the national enquirer

The Examiners which you attack and slander include the owners of this forum (Mike and John) as well as Dave Workman amongst others. They are all extremely well versed, knowledgeable and while offering opinions not prone to making statements that they cannot back up with facts. They are widely read and appreciated here.

If any credibility was lost, such was what remained of yours.