Thread: Chicago's new laws as of today

Chicago's new laws as of today

The Mayor and Alderman had an emergency session due to Supreme Court ruling. $100 permit fee required, plus training. One gun a month can be purchased and only one working gun in house. "a shotgun is enough for an army" I believe the quote was by one alderperson. Oh ta almost forgot NO CARRYING OUTSIDE OF HOME. Obviously the city didnt understand what the supreme court said.

Banned
    Well it looks like there will be more and more rich people living in Chicago in the next months to come.

The opportunity to make some money almost makes me want to....

Nah check that....

NOTHING could make me want to move to Illinois, much less Chicago....

In my opinion there is no cause to be unduly alarmed by Daley and company's irrational reaction to losing the McDonald case. The SCOTUS decision gave a limited allowance to what "reasonable" regulations would most likely stand the litmus test. It also gave no indication that the second amendment and it's incorporation to the states was dependant on a volume of firearms or their types.

It would also appear to me that the requirement for licensing and training would not be considered as
    "reasonable" by SCOTUS. They restrict a fundamental right of all law abiding citizens to only they that can afford to jump through those hoops.

It is my opinion that these measures envoked by the City of Chicago is in contempt of the SCOTUS ruling in McDonald and Mr. Daley and company will soon be in court defending them.

I'm rather suprised that the residents of Illinois haven't pushed for a stronger preemption statute. One similar to Wisconsin's. Preemption of local ordinances, in regards to firearms, would be the easiest way to keep Mr. Daley in check. But then again, I suppose the city of Chicago has the Illinois legislature in it's back pocket, much like the city of Milwaukee seems to have in Wisconsin.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhal...070210.article

How is 66.0409 in any way strong, please? It is not enforceable, certainly not in the sense of being within the purview of law enforcement.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 07-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.

bhancock
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhal...070210.article

How is 66.0409 in any way strong, please? It is not enforceable, certainly not in the sense of being within the purview of law enforcement.
    Using one statute to undo another is not logical. Repeal of the statutes that no longer apply would be the best policy. 66.0409 does not stop LEO from issuing citations and expending much resources on litigation. Not to mention the inconvenience of the detainment while your family would be waiting for the LEO to get done harassing you.

edited spelling

Exclamation

Sounds like chicken poop. But on the other hand at least the people can protect themselves at home.

Angry

Mayor Daley is a walking sh!t factory. What is this guy 3 years old? I mean he acts like a whiney spoiled little kid that just HAS to get his way no matter what the outcome. Great job d!ckhead, I'm sure all the gangs/criminals are going to abide by this new law, what a doosh... <Rant over>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kd6sxa View Post
    Sounds like chicken poop. But on the other hand at least the people can protect themselves at home.
    Yep, even that little dark spot on the top is still poop.

Daley is a bum!!! It would be nice if the citizens of Chicago would tell him to seek other employment. I bet he would be good at cleaning portapotties.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Daley is a bum!!! It would be nice if the citizens of Chicago would tell him to seek other employment. I bet he would be good at cleaning portapotties.
    Are you kidding me? Cleaning portapotties is honest work and provides a useful service. What makes you think he has any talent for that?

Not only is Daly crazy but what about these alderpersons who vote the policies into place? Are they servants to the mayor or the people?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Are you kidding me? Cleaning portapotties is honest work and provides a useful service. What makes you think he has any talent for that?
    I figured he was so full of shart that he would feel at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    +1 If you watch the show "Dirty Jobs" you should find like I do that there are many jobs that you or I would not do but someone has to. When you see someone that is doing a job like that, such as cleaning portapotties you should thank them. Anyone can be mayor, that doesn't take any talent or work.