Thread: Chicago Approves Tough New Handgun Restrictions

Chicago Approves Tough New Handgun Restrictions

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/02...-restrictions/

I'm glad I don't live in Chicago anymore...

The SCOTUS has unequivically declared the Right to Keep and Bear Arms a "Fundemental Right". Such ordinances passed since this ruling are now civil rights violations. I'm waiting for USC1983 lawsuits to start rolling in.

Quote Originally Posted by anyamaboy View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/02...-restrictions/

I'm glad I don't live in Chicago anymore...
    So glad I never did.......or ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by AZkopper View Post
    The SCOTUS has unequivically declared the Right to Keep and Bear Arms a "Fundemental Right". Such ordinances passed since this ruling are now civil rights violations. I'm waiting for USC1983 lawsuits to start rolling in.
    Can a 1983 lawsuit be a class action lawsuit?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Can a 1983 lawsuit be a class action lawsuit?
    Wow... That would be crazy! It would involve every single person who lives in or travels through Chi-town, even if they don't want to carry guns. I think it would put the city in complete default if they lost. I wonder if they could lose their incorporation? Every police force would be invalid, leaving only the Sheriff's and State police. Suddenly you only have county taxes to pay. Could chi-town be the place to live in 5 years? KrrrrrrRRRRazytown!
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 07-03-2010 at 01:44 AM.

Ald. Deborah Graham, 29th, issued a plea. “I also would encourage gang bangers who get those guns unlawfully to stop getting them unlawfully.”

Name:  0062.gif
Views: 578
Size:  1.8 KB

The people of Chicago deserve what is happening to them for continuing to re-elect Daley. While his actions hurt 2A everywhere becaue idiots follow idiots, I do not feel sorry for the people who have repeatedly placed him in the position to make his stupidity become reality for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Ald. Deborah Graham, 29th, issued a plea. “I also would encourage gang bangers who get those guns unlawfully to stop getting them unlawfully.”

That's a joke, right? Did she really say that?

There are two qualifications for being a Chicago alderman, being a criminal or being a mental defective. She's obviously got the latter nailed. The odds are she's 100% for the former as well.

Although i do not see a big change, it is still up to the lower court to make the decision. Who knows, wishful thinking, they may strike down the Illinois gun law all together. ....Again wishful thinking...

This is disgusting. Its sad that one man can be so selfish that he and his constituants (who i am sure are strongarmed into all of this) can decide how everyone in that city lives their lives! I will never buy a product of Chicago, I will never visit Chicago (why would anyone want to) , hell, I am never even gonna eat a chicago style deep dish pizza again!
    Michael Binegar, Morgantown WV.

The people of Chicago deserve what is happening to them for continuing to re-elect Daley. While his actions hurt 2A everywhere becaue idiots follow idiots, I do not feel sorry for the people who have repeatedly placed him in the position to make his stupidity become reality for them.

In fairness, I don't think there's anyone they could vote for that wouldn't deny their gun rights. Remember that in most big cities, the Overton window is pretty far to the left. There, the Republican politicians vote like Democrats, and the Democratic politicians vote like Joe Stalin.

Quote Originally Posted by jack house View Post
    ald. Deborah graham, 29th, issued a plea. “i also would encourage gang bangers who get those guns unlawfully to stop getting them unlawfully.”

proof of mental retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    That's a joke, right? Did she really say that?
    Nope, no joke. She really did say that.

Link?

Link

Quote Originally Posted by PavePusher View Post
    Link?

http://mobile.chicagotribune.com/inf...8B5&nopaging=1

Although this is an appallingly stupid sentiment, the one from that article that REALLY caught my eye was this one:

“I have to say it: I think the Supreme Court is wrong, just like they’ve been wrong before,” said Ald. Leslie Hairston, 5th.
    “They were wrong about segregation. They were wrong about the right to vote. And I think…when we look back years and years ahead, we will see that they were wrong about this as well.”
    I wonder which "right to vote" she;s talking about--the one for women (which would mean she couldn't vote) or the one for African Americans, (which means she couldn't vote)...

I can't decide which is more insulting--that these Aldermen all think the people are so stupid they'll fall for this racist, classist nonsense, or the fact that these Aldermen are all such unmitigated racist idiots....

Because if Ms. Hairston had her way, she'd have her very own water fountain, restroom, school, and she wouldn't have to bother with those pesky Tuesdays off the first week of every November...

"Yahssah, massah Daley. Ima gone vote fo' dat han'gun ray-goo-lay-shun, so's muh peeples won't be tempted to git too uppity..."

Oh, and BTW, she has a long career of graft, croneyism, and Chicago-style palm-greasing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Hairston

Ald. Leslie Hairston, 5th.:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	3234  
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-12-2010 at 08:49 PM.

DUE DILIGENCE, people....

Ald. Deborah Graham is NOT an elected alderman. She was APPOINTED by Daley in late March 2010, to replace Ald. Isaac “Ike” Carothers, who pleaded guilty to bribery charges in February 2010...

Replacing a crook with an idiot. Seems like a fair trade?

Ah, the "Chicago way"...

http://www.chicagocurrent.com/articl...rman-positions
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-12-2010 at 11:43 PM.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    This really caught my eye. They voted UNANIMOUSLY for the new regulations, even while admitting it was unlikely to achieve it's publicly acknowledged purpose.

"Alderman voted 45-0 in favor even as some of them acknowledged how little the restrictions would do to quell violent crime."

And

“With this law, we're supporting adults who legitimately want a gun in their home for self-defense. But at the same time, we're trying to keep guns out of the hands of gang bangers and drug dealers who only want to terrorize our communities.”

Several aldermen, however, said the ordinance is more likely to affect responsible, law-abiding gun owners than the thugs causing mayhem on hot weekend nights."
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    Wow... That would be crazy! It would involve every single person who lives in or travels through Chi-town, even if they don't want to carry guns. I think it would put the city in complete default if they lost. I wonder if they could lose their incorporation? Every police force would be invalid, leaving only the Sheriff's and State police. Suddenly you only have county taxes to pay. Could chi-town be the place to live in 5 years? KrrrrrrRRRRazytown!
    The problem with this sentiment is that Chicago politics and Cook County politics are one in the same. The Cook County Sheriff's Dept is just as corrupt, if not more corrupt, than Chicago's police dept. and the rest of the city government. The vote, being 45 - 0, is indicative of the rampant corruption in Chicago...if you want to keep your job as an alderman...you better not dare go agains what "King Dick" (How ironic is that!) commands!

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    This really caught my eye. They voted UNANIMOUSLY for the new regulations, even while admitting it was unlikely to achieve it's publicly acknowledged purpose.

"Alderman voted 45-0 in favor even as some of them acknowledged how little the restrictions would do to quell violent crime."

And

“With this law, we're supporting adults who legitimately want a gun in their home for self-defense. But at the same time, we're trying to keep guns out of the hands of gang bangers and drug dealers who only want to terrorize our communities.”

Several aldermen, however, said the ordinance is more likely to affect responsible, law-abiding gun owners than the thugs causing mayhem on hot weekend nights."
    Wow. The fact that they would admit that after voting for the new regulations shows just how idiotic these people are.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

"They" have their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty View Post
    Wow. The fact that they would admit that after voting for the new regulations shows just how idiotic these people are.
    Makes you wonder how many of those aldermen have CCW permits? I'm guessing that is also unanimous, 45-0.
    Last edited by Plankton; 07-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Makes you wonder how many of those aldermen have CCW permits? I'm guessing that is also unanimous, 45-0.
    There AREN'T any "CCW permits" in Illinois as you understand the term.

Chicago Aldermen have however previously voted themselves the privilege of registering new handguns and carrying them concealed.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    There AREN'T any "CCW permits" in Illinois as you understand the term.

Chicago Aldermen have however previously voted themselves the privilege of registering new handguns and carrying them concealed.
    That's what I meant to say.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."