• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago Approves Tough New Handgun Restrictions

Mighty

Opt-Out Members
This really caught my eye. They voted UNANIMOUSLY for the new regulations, even while admitting it was unlikely to achieve it's publicly acknowledged purpose.

"Alderman voted 45-0 in favor even as some of them acknowledged how little the restrictions would do to quell violent crime."

And

“With this law, we're supporting adults who legitimately want a gun in their home for self-defense. But at the same time, we're trying to keep guns out of the hands of gang bangers and drug dealers who only want to terrorize our communities.”

Several aldermen, however, said the ordinance is more likely to affect responsible, law-abiding gun owners than the thugs causing mayhem on hot weekend nights."
Wow. The fact that they would admit that after voting for the new regulations shows just how idiotic these people are.

Deanimator

Makes you wonder how many of those aldermen have CCW permits? I'm guessing that is also unanimous, 45-0.
There AREN'T any "CCW permits" in Illinois as you understand the term.

Chicago Aldermen have however previously voted themselves the privilege of registering new handguns and carrying them concealed.