• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Time

ModernMuscle

Well i just got my pistol(Spring Field XD 40) and i went and talked to the local sheriff's dept. to see about the rules that i didn't understand from the internet. Well after being straightened out by them, i decided it was time to make my first public appearance. So me, the wife, and kid go shopping for the day. First stop is Henry's then Kohl's, both places go off with out a hiccup. then we go to wal-mart. After walking around for about 10 minutes this old lady comes up to me and ask's me "Is that a real gun?" As if i was carrying some bright orange water pistol. Then i get followed by this man who keeps staring at my pistol like i was going to take wal-mart over and have some kind of hostage show down with Santee's Finest. but i thought i would just share with everyone else. Thanks :)

wewd

The guy at Walmart was probably a plain clothes loss prevention guy. You should have said hi to him.

Gundude

I had one of those Loss Prevention guys following me around Costco in Santee. He had a walkie talkie in his hand. I didn't see him, but my wife did. He never said a word to me, nor did anyone else.

wewd

I had one of those Loss Prevention guys following me around Costco in Santee. He had a walkie talkie in his hand. I didn't see him, but my wife did. He never said a word to me, nor did anyone else.

Costco has a corporate policy not to allow firearms. Sometimes they enforce this, sometimes not. If you were OCing, he may have been trying to decide whether or not to confront you directly or to call the police out.

Gundude

Be careful with the info you get from the Sheriff. I don't know where you live, but some don't know about the OC laws. Just post your questions here for all the best info. You can't toss a dead cat here without hitting an expert on OC.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Awesome! I miss Henry's, that place was so incredibly inexpensive that I fell in love with it forever.

This is totally off-topic btw...

BUT there was one time when there was this coupon on the internet which was for a free quart of soy milk. Since my girlfriend and I would always go shopping together, we'd print out two coupons a week and get two quarts of soy milk. But then Henry's started printing out a free coupon for a quart of rice milk every time I used a coupon for free soy milk. I think by the time the coupon expired we had like 12 quarts of rice milk. It was glorious.