• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond bartender threatens anyone carrying in his place of employment.

curtiswr

Warning, there is some profanity in this link and blog post:

http://jackgoesforth.blogspot.com/2010/07/guns-and-alcohol.html

Seems like he doesn't want anyone to carry a gun because he's worried that might be as unstable and as prone to violence as he is.

Here is a response by a pro-gun Richmond blogger, in which you will also find an easy to follow breakdown of Tweets sent from Rage Lauterback and NBC12 reporter Laura Geller.

http://richmondguns.com/story/richmond-bartender-comes-unhinged

My question is... how would he know which patron to maim or put on the pavement or whatever it is he wants to do if they were carrying concealed... which he welcomes them to do, because... as he says they will need it at his place.

But hey working at Cha Cha's (1419 East Cary Street) he's in a pretty classy and decent area luckily...Who would want to carry around there anyway?

[video=youtube;B2qM3QahtkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qM3QahtkQ[/video]

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

curtiswr

After reading through some of his blog, some of his Twitter, and some of his friends' comments and Twitters it seems clear that antis really, truly do project the "wacko" moniker they love to throw around for pro2A people.

TFred

Wow. After 5 paragraphs of unfettered profanity, he decides to call the pro-2A people "uneducated"?

If it weren't so sad, it would be amusing. An obvious failure of the public education system.

Where does this guy work? Does he ever say? Unless he's the owner, (and I don't see how that could ever happen...) I don't think a manager would be too smart to keep a hot-head like that around.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I just got the internet back....just in time to get on the tractor.

That was a good find Curtis. I think the ABC board would be interested in the posts.

Glock27Bill

After reading through some of his blog, some of his Twitter, and some of his friends' comments and Twitters it seems clear that antis really, truly do project the "wacko" moniker they love to throw around for pro2A people.

If you haven't already, you should get some of the JPFO brochures on why antis think the way that they do.

"Projection" is at the top of the list.

Look at what happens at every G8 summit and you'll understand why the far left is concerned about every else's violent tendencies.

nova

- In closing.... If you attempt to walk into my bar with a concealed weapon and for whatever reason you didn't conceal it enough.... You won't have enough time to draw your piece cowboy. Your face will already be on the pavement. I promise.

And I promise that if you assault me that YOU'll be eating pavement, getting a ride in a crown vic, and spending some time without your freedom.

curtiswr

Emailed the owner asking him to fire the bartender.

Looking through his blog, apparently he's been fired before from a different bartending job over something he posted about a Richmond mayoral candidate. I didn't read the whole story because one can only take so much of his crying in one sitting.

I wonder how the owner of Cha Cha's will react though; he's a mid-30's guy from South Jersey. Might end up getting a reply saying he's perfectly fine and agrees with everything posted. It'll be interesting to see what response comes back. Please keep us posted.

I just got the internet back....just in time to get on the tractor.

That was a good find Curtis. I think the ABC board would be interested in the posts.

Interested in this particular one and its threats/display of instability, or in his blog in general? How would it be best approached/worded bringing it to their attention you think?

LeftEyeOpen

So having lived in the Richmond area during my twenties, I can relate that this guy is just another bartender, that is hanging out with other like minded kids in the 'trendy' downtown area. He seems from his posts to believe that he is witty and educated, and likes to drink and do illegal drugs from time to time and has the unique ability to seek attention for himself by posting his life adventures on the internet - :eek: He, from his pictures, looks like a decent looking kid which is likely why the bar hired him, to pull in customers. Whether it was his intention to threaten only to main or not , which may have been posted in a drunken stupor, he was either too ignorant to care or not realize the implications of his statements.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Emailed the owner asking him to fire the bartender.

chachas.jpg

richarcm

I say we OC in there 80 deep and dare him to throw us to the pavement. I can't STAND the emo libtard garbage that has infested the city of Richmond. BARF!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

curtiswr

Went to Shockoe Bottom today to see if by chance it was a a declared no-guns restaurant by the owner, and there was nothing on the door. I went after a big breakfast and no matter how much walking I did I couldn't work up an appetite to actually give cause to go in, order food, and test the water so to speak.

ChinChin

Don't dare him anything. A bunch of us OC in there and just say "Hey, aren't you the blogging bartender?" in a friendly voice.

I'm not sure why this even has the ire of people all up? He's a friggen bartender; he's a nobody. It's like saying "The toll booth operator doesn't like me carrying". He has a low paying job in a customer service industry; hardly a decision or policy maker. 'Ef him, he's a booze jockey who thinks himself a Spartacus in his own little fiefdom. If he's like most of the yutes today I doubt he's even voted in a local election and thus his voice deserves no merit. If you want to change society you first must be a part of it.

richarcm

I'm not sure why this even has the ire of people all up? He's a friggen bartender; he's a nobody. It's like saying "The toll booth operator doesn't like me carrying". He has a low paying job in a customer service industry; hardly a decision or policy maker. 'Ef him, he's a booze jockey who thinks himself a Spartacus in his own little fiefdom. If he's like most of the yutes today I doubt he's even voted in a local election and thus his voice deserves no merit. If you want to change society you first must be a part of it.

I think it was the threat at the end of his blog that was the icing on the cake. And when I said "dare" don't get so excited. I didn't mean that I was looking to create conflict but to OC like I would ANYWHERE ELSE and see if he'd back up his talk. I have a feeling he's all bark. I'd like to see him throw me to the pavement while I'm doing nothing wrong and NOT creating conflict....he'd quickly be the one going to jail for assault.

Last edited: