Thread: 4th of July at Gasworks

4th of July at Gasworks

Anyone here going?
    Does anyone know if this is considered a private or public event? Where would I find that kind of information?

http://family4th.org/

Edited:

http://family4th.org/info/getting-in.htm#prohibited

Prohibited Items

The following items are prohibited at Gas Works Park during the Family 4th:

* Pets
    * Personal barbecues (There are barbecues available on site.)
    * Alcoholic beverages (You may purchase beer and wine in the beer garden with proper ID.)
    * Fireworks
    * No staking the parks grounds (i.e. no tent stakes)
    * Weapons of any sort—firearms, knives, etc.

You be the judge of this is a private or public event. I'm just supplying the details.

New Info

This 20 acre point on Lake Union was cleared in 1906 to construct a plant to manufacture gas from coal - later converted to crude oil. Import of natural gas in the 1950's made the plant obsolete. The city acquired the site for a park in 1962. The park was opened to the public in 1975. The boiler house has been converted to a picnic shelter with tables, fire grills and an open area. The former exhauster-compressor building, now a children's play barn, features a maze of brightly painted machinery.
    http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=293

IANAL but it appears to be city property. If that's the case than this matter is settled law, state pre-emption applies. Of course, that doesn't mean you won't be hassled. And you may not want that if you're trying to enjoy Independence Day with your family.

Have a happy 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJacque View Post
    http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=293

IANAL but it appears to be city property. If that's the case than this matter is settled law, state pre-emption applies. Of course, that doesn't mean you won't be hassled. And you may not want that if you're trying to enjoy Independence Day with your family.

Have a happy 4th!
    But the city is not sponsoring it I believe. Local businesses around there are.

The Family 4th at Lake Union is produced by One Reel, the independent, not for profit producer of the Northwest's premier arts events, also including Bumbershoot: Seattle's Music & Arts Festival and Teatro ZinZanni.

It wouldn't be happening this year if individual contributions weren't made. Boeing and Starbucks were the largest contributors, but they aren't renting the site.

Not looking to get harassed though, so yeah, I'll be elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    It wouldn't be happening this year if individual contributions weren't made. Boeing and Starbucks were the largest contributors, but they aren't renting the site.

Not looking to get harassed though, so yeah, I'll be elsewhere.
    On the site, it say bags will be searched. When I went to hempfest in Seattle, bags were searched but persons were not.

CC and nobody will be da knowzzz....it's not like it's against the law....