• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Request to carry at CSN campuses, amended from first

Nevada carrier

Reguarding my first thread:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?75720-My-formal-request-to-be-allowed-to-OC-at-CSN

I was promptly denied, and no reason was given as grounds for denial. I have amended my request in this letter:

[omitted]

To:
Michael D. Richards, President
6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146

RE: Request to Carry Firearms on Campus, Amended from First

Dr. Richards,

I am disappointed in the College of Southern Nevada’s decision to unconstitutionally deny my request to carry my firearm while attending classes at CSN. It is my intent to appeal this decision to the Nevada Board of Reagents.

In Light of The United States Supreme Court opinion published Monday, June 28th, I believe a total prohibition of firearms on CSN campuses falls outside the realm of “reasonable regulation.” That being said, I am amending my original request as follows;

I request that I be granted permission to possess a firearm on CSN campuses limited only to my privately owned vehicle. I request that my firearm be allowed on or about my person while I am inside my vehicle for the purpose of coming to or going from the campus parking facility and that my firearm is to be secured in my locked safe while I am not present in the vehicle.

Granting this amended request would address the concerns of campus safety, as well as address the concern of CSN’s policy infringing upon my constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms while not on campus. Should this request be granted, I will forgo any appeal and consider the matter closed.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, I am confident that a satisfactory compromise can be reached that will address the concerns of all those involved.

Very respectfully,

Student, College of Southern Nevada