• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AP - OpenCarry.org one of nation's most influential gun groups

Daylen

That's the difference between a top-down organization like Brady and a bottom-up, grassroots "organization" like OCDO.

Brady, at the top, decides to take action against Starbucks, so the leadership organizes the rank and file to do protests. On OCDO, the members discuss supporting Starbucks (without any demands). A large number of us, in many disorganized shows of support, get together at our local Starbucks and demonstrate that we are a bunch of civil, well-mannered, and benign folks, just going about our business.

Considering that we are part of a movement celebrating the sovereignty of the individual, it is only natural that we would operate in a bottom-up fashion, as opposed to having a tyrannical top-down structure.

Did you know the Brady bunch have a forum? I was bored one day and looked through it. There were more threads than posts by far; for the most part it was just the administrator posting topics that were viewed a few times and never commented on. The few replies were so few it couldn't even be called a discussion in even one thread. They are the epitome of top down, no gun control nuts even bother to discuss things on their site, it seems the bradies just hire some people to go to protests.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yeah. I just visited it, caught the massively distorted article on the Zimmerman case, and nearly lost my lunch.

Good thing I have a strong stomach!

Last edited: