• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying In Florida

bde9mm

Hello forum, first time here.
I hope I'm posting this in the correct section.
I have had a LTCF for PA for a few years now (90% of the time, I carry open in the Lancaster area) and in PA, as long as anyone as legal permanent residency and no criminal record, can get a gun permit without a US Citizenship, like in my case.

My main question is about reciprocity. I'm planning to go to Florida to visit a friend and would like to CC. Because of the mutual reciprocity between PA and FL, am I able to carry there, or FL does not accept non US Citizens gun permit? I guess this question applies also to all other States that have reciprocity agreement with PA.

I tried to search the forum, but no luck.

Thank you all for reading and any feedback is greatly appreciated

c45man

Please e-mail the Florida Attorney Generals Office to make certain.

Sobered

As long as you are a resident of the state of issue, and FL has reciprocity with that state, you should be ok. Florida doesn't recognize any non-resident permits.

virginiatuck

Here's a link to the Pennsylvania Formal Reciprocity Agreement with Florida.

According to Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Division of Licensing - Concealed Weapons - Eligibility Requirements a person deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by the DHS may be issued a permit. There is also no law that I could find there that prohibits a person who is not a US citizen but is a lawful permanent resident, from possessing or carrying a firearm. It looks like your PA resident LTCF would be valid in FL, but don't take my word for it.

As c45man said, it doesn't hurt to check with the Florida Attorney General first; and get it in writing if you can.